Can Pattaya match Rainbow 4?

Wallenda

I just swung through Bangkok for only a couple of nights.

On my first night I did a fast tour of what must have been MOST of the bars in both Nana and Soi Cowboy. Now some I only had a glance at, in and out. WHen a place looked particularly promising I stayed awhile. Now I know this is going to receive a lot of criticism, but Rainbow 4 at Nana just has so many girls, and so many quite hot ones amongst them. I just did not see any other bar in either NP or SC that could match it in terms of pure looks of the girls, and abundance. The bar has 2 stages and it must be 35-40 girls up there at a time. Only a few bars get even half that. I spent time at what to me looked like the best SC had to offer (Baccara) and it was no contest.

So now next time I'm in Thailand I'm considering a swing down to Pattaya since I haven't been there in a long time. Does PTY have anything that comes close to Rainbow 4? Now maybe I should describe exactly what R4 has - the girls are young, and the standard of quality they pick seems to just be consistently higher than at other clubs in the looks department. You will see at least a few girls who have that tall thin model-esque look. You don't see ANY girls who are better described as ladies (late 20s to 40s, etc).

I think I asked in an earlier post if SC had anything to match R4 and a few people posted back about Baccara and Shark -- but I have to say those 2 just don't cut it for what R4 is best at, which is just very cute girls (ok, starfish maybe, but that's ok sometimes)

Notice a few changes from just 2 or 3 yrs ago, one is that girls are doing a lot more to make themselves prettier these days -- mainly in the hair and makeup department. Even the freelancers at the Nana Car Park and Thermae are obviously paying a lot more attention to their presentation than in the past. When I first came to BKK in 2000, it was all jeans and t-shirts. You see a lot more skirts and dresses these days, and hairdos that look like they take time to do.

Last thing: did Rainbow 1 and Playskool switch places on the ground level? I could have sworn the setup of Rainbow 1 down there (and location) was what was Playskool before, and vice versa. And when did Rainbow 4 open up? My previous trip to BKK was in Feb of 06, not sure if R4 was there then or not. There was a Rainbow bar with that 2-stage setup at that time though, that I do remember.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wendella,

Short answer to your question is "no". Having said that, I have found girls in Pattaya every bit as good looking as those in Rainbow, but I had to look hard... no pun intended. It is really hit and miss in Pattaya. There was no bar that I could find that had as many good looking girls as Rainbow.

It could help if you gave a few examples of what you like using, say, photos of Japanese models. :)

Personally, I've seen quite a few duds at Rainbow 4 (oldies, mothers with huge track marks, botched cosmetic surgeries and plain old fatties) but I admit they can have some nights where they've got a lot of fairly cute girls on stage. I think with these bars, the effect of so many similar looking girls on stage at once produces an effect greater than the sum of its parts. Once you take a single girl out, she doesn't look as good.

I'm not as great an expert in Rainbow bars as I used to be (partly because I get so annoyed at their lazy anti-showing policy) but I don't see Rainbow 4 as being any better than Rainbow 1 (which, btw, has always been in that position :) ). Rainbow 2, on the other hand, has gone downhill.

Looking at individual girls, I'd say Pattaya does have as many cuties. And they're nuder. :)

Wonderlust will disagree (and will have greater experience in that bar) but I didn't see much of the vaunted quality in Superbaby. Did see more in Supergirl and Peppermint however. And lots of guys swear by Happy (though I only like one girl there. Who won't go with me. Because I'm not Japanese. And because she gets given enough tips by idiots every night that she doesn't have to do any actual sex anyway. :mad: )

Ah, just thought. Have you checked out Thermae yet? If you like Rainbow 4, you'll probably like Thermae...

I was in Superbaby a couple of nights back and a group of Japanese men cleared the bar out of its best looking girls about 5 minutes after I arrived and some other Japanese customers slowly picked the best ones off in the next 30 minutes or so. This was between 9 and 10 at night. You can miss the best girls if you don't get there early. I later went to Peppermint and some of the same group were with their Superbaby girls and bar fined my favourite Peppermint girl. :doah: There are some nice looking girls in Supergirl, including one who would be perfect but for her freakishly huge nipples.

I agree about the hairdos. A lot of Superbaby girls are going for Japanese styles, some of them quite bizarre and of course dyed. I prefer the black floppy look personally.

I haven't been in a Rainbow bar for years but when I was last in one I saw a lot of nice girls but only a handful I really liked, same as the Pattaya bars I mention.

OK I think I might come check out PTY next time in Thailand, later this month. My hopes aren't unrealistic now, but I guess if its disappointing I can always get back up to Bangkok quick.

OK so I must have confused Playskool and Rainbow 1 on my last visit. There was one amazing girl I spotted in Rainbow 1 (in my memory it was Playskool) and blew my chance to go with her. I talked with her at a table with stools in front of the stage, and that's Rainbow 1, not PS.

All the Rainbow bars were decent this time, tho not quite up to what I remember from my previous visit. I didn't spot a single old fat stretch-marked ugly girl in any of those bars, tho maybe I was lucky. I did have the wicked witch of the north jump in front of me at Hollywood Carousel, but thats another story. I think she was about 50, totally flat chested.

OK so a short list of Superbaby, Supergirl, Peppermint, Happy...

True, the bizarre Japanese hairdos are on the rise. It's somethign different, which is good. It was a bit boring in the old days with just t-shirts t-shirts t-shirts. Can actually see the girls' legs (in freelancer spots that is), or how they look in a dress. A clear step up.

I wonder if many of those girls return to the bar by about midnight looking for a second customer. I don't know because I've never been there that late. It seems the worst time to arrive in Superbaby is about 10 PM because the early barfiners have taken the best girls and none of them have returned yet.

Archived