Berkeley Backs Off On Banning Marines

Flashermac

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh I see what you're getting at. Nigeria was a British colony that became an independent country in 1960. It hasn't been invaded since then. They are free to run their oil business any way they want...very badly most likely.

After being the British Mandate of Mesopotamia Iraq became a sovereign state that got invaded recently on a trumped up pretext because Bushco wanted to.

So you should be. Nobody invaded Nigeria. Different bunch of crooks. I'm talking about the great Iraq rip-off in which our friend Corinthian is an active participant...though he probably doesn't see it that way.

Chuck, you are more than welcome to come here and prove me wrong. But you won't will you?

For one you can't because it is just not true. (And there are people that would pay you millions if you could.) For two you just don't have the balls to come here yourself--> If so the airport code is "SDA."

It's something to do with all of us needing oil. Phil is trying to make a correlation between the colonization of Africa and the invasion of a sovereign country in 2003. He wants to know why plundering another country's resources used to be OK but isn't OK anymore.

Do you know how much petrol costs in the USA? Do you know how much petrol costs in Iraq? Now, who is plundering whom?

So you don't see invading a sovereign country, deciding who gets oil contracts based on their participation in the invasion and jamming an oil law down the Iraqi people's throats as a rip off? OK. You've obviously convinced yourself.

I don't get the bit about 'people paying me millions'...for what?

I lived and worked in the Basra area for four years when it was possible to walk the streets without needing a bullet proof vest. I'd love to do it again. I'd really like to wander in the date palm groves again and go on picnics by the Euphrates with my Iraqi friends but I'm sure it's impossible. It's not really a question of balls. I'm too old to sit in a hot MRAB even if I could get permission from the current occupiers.

Do you know how much petrol costs in the USA? Do you know how much petrol costs in Iraq? Now, who is plundering whom?

In the US about $3 a gallon. You'll have to tell me the current price in Iraqi. I guess you also need to factor in transportation and refinery costs and the additional costs because of all the security forces involved. Before the invasion crude was selling for around $20 a barrel. Now it's over $90 a barrel. The invasion was supposed to pay for itself...it would all be over in a few weeks...the Iraqis would throw flowers at the liberators...the insurgency is in its last throes...the surge is working...

I am saying you are NOT HERE now so you don't know crap about what it is going on. In fact, I bet you know no one that is here that is saying we are stealing oil. Its just not true. (If it were gas in the US would be $0.50 a gal.)

I am saying what I am seeing here right now. Again, grow some balls and put your money where your mouth is and come down here and prove me wrong. It would be worth your while.

You have to talk to the IG about getting here; I can get you there number if you want.

But we knew even before you said you were old that you won't do that.

Her you go Chuck. Give these guys a call.

Tell them you can prove we are stealing oil and they will likely pay your way. All kinds of money to be made off the west and help get us out of the mid east if you can pull it off! (God knows I would not mind leaving myself!)

Republic of Iraq Embassy

47 Pradipat Rd, Samsen Nai, Phayathai, Bkk 10400

Tel: 278 5335-8; Fax: 271 4218

Archived