Got fucked over in Lolipop Bar last night, be carefull

Shibuya

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

True, that is the normal thing to do, but in this case it sounds like there were no chits in any cups yet as only one round had been bought, so the guy just thought he'd take care of the bill on the way out. Sounds reasonable to me.

Again, not the normal way of doing things, and a bit unusual to buy a dozen or more drinks and leave before the round's finished (unless Shibuya's just a slow drinker :nono: ), but it's reasonable to pay the establishment and trust they won't fuck things up, even in Bangkok.

So I'll know NOT to set foot in Lollipop ever again.

BTW, where's Lolipop?

Well said. No danger of me hitting Lollipop as it is in NEP. It used to be the best bar in there 10 year ago. When it had the floor-to-ceiling fish tank and nekkid gals swimming around in it. It was called Mermaidium then. Then Crown Group bought it and fucked it all up :nono:

You back soon Vergie?

Cheers,

SD

True, that is the normal thing to do, but in this case it sounds like there were no chits in any cups yet as only one round had been bought, so the guy just thought he'd take care of the bill on the way out. Sounds reasonable to me.

Again, not the normal way of doing things, and a bit unusual to buy a dozen or more drinks and leave before the round's finished (unless Shibuya's just a slow drinker :nono: ), but it's reasonable to pay the establishment and trust they won't fuck things up, even in Bangkok.

So I'll know NOT to set foot in Lollipop ever again.

BTW, where's Lolipop?

Some think separate bins are cheap or whatever but that's the way to go in Bangkok now if I go to gogo-bars with friends. I have just experienced too many rip off attempts there lately when had more than couple of beers in a group.

I have joined the many who always get separate bins. I go a step further- I pay every single round. When I get the lobotomy face "Already make 1 bin together with your friend", I just tell them that's your problem, separate it, they're not my friends. This avoids a multitude of problems, to whit:

1. No extra check stuffing

2. No surprise lady drinks

3. You know right away if they are going to give you shit about tipping

4. No uninvited guests. The girls are actually a bit confused if they sit with you and then notice you have no bin

5. Better control over group hugs ("we'll just buy alternating rounds, it'll all work out in the end")Geez guys, why are you all drinking Sang Som on your rounds and 12 year old single-malt Scotch on my round?

6. This one is the most important to me: IF I WANT TO GO, I JUST GET UP AND LEAVE!! No tracking down a server, no last minute stupidity, no waiting for God-who-the-fuck-knows-what-damn, no nuthin'! This is especially good if, for any reason, you really do want to beat a hasty retreat, like you've suddenly been cornered by a particularly obnoxious person (farang or Thai).

There are some farangs who visit the Land of Smiles with the intent of having everybody else pay their bills.

A few years ago, I was eating at Foodland. Another farang sat down beside me and began to talk. Shit, we talked for about 10 minutes and the farang finally said good bye. He forgot to pay. The cooks asked me to pay his bill because he was my 'friend'. It turned out that farang had been ducking his bills for some time. I got a funny feeling this chap and his type are the ones who forget to pay the girls every once in a while.

I have joined the many who always get separate bins. I go a step further- I pay every single round. When I get the lobotomy face "Already make 1 bin together with your friend", I just tell them that's your problem, separate it, they're not my friends. This avoids a multitude of problems, to whit:

1. No extra check stuffing

2. No surprise lady drinks

3. You know right away if they are going to give you shit about tipping

4. No uninvited guests. The girls are actually a bit confused if they sit with you and then notice you have no bin

5. Better control over group hugs ("we'll just buy alternating rounds, it'll all work out in the end")Geez guys, why are you all drinking Sang Som on your rounds and 12 year old single-malt Scotch on my round?

6. This one is the most important to me: IF I WANT TO GO, I JUST GET UP AND LEAVE!! No tracking down a server, no last minute stupidity, no waiting for God-who-the-fuck-knows-what-damn, no nuthin'! This is especially good if, for any reason, you really do want to beat a hasty retreat, like you've suddenly been cornered by a particularly obnoxious person (farang or Thai).

Last Year whilst in Khon Kaen for a few days I was in a bar for the second day running (the staff learnt on the first day that I wanted seperate bins) a fellow guest from the same hotel walked in & insisted on joining me for a drink - he ordered a round for the 2 of us & the waitress brought him a sepaerate bin. His wife walked in and joined us. On his round she ordered light & on mine she ordered heavy. They both thought that I did'nt notice but I did as did the staff. As the staff already knew that I wanted seperate bins, his rounds went into his cup whilst on my rounds my drinks went into my cup but theirs still went into his cup. I ordered drinks for the 4 bar staff due to the good service (at least to me) & this was added to his bin. This was the only reason I put up with the rounds.

I was waiting for a friend & when he arrived, we seperated from the leeches.

When my friend ordered his drink, a seperate bin arrived.

A case of an Irishman & Scottishman going Dutch In Thailand.

Archived