Got fucked over in Lolipop Bar last night, be carefull

Shibuya

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hell, I am so glad I give off kryptonite strength 'fuck off' vibes

In 12 years I have never had a padded bill, a rip off attempt or anything at all in fact.

That's not strictly true actually, once I passed a service girl the shiny tray back with no tip....she just raised it to her head and did her hair goo-wan deen style in the reflection.

Strange

for the sake of 1000 I just let it go

Sadly, that is exactly why this sort of thing goes on so much.

And if he didn't pay up and got his face smashed in, people on this board would claim that...

"There must be more to the story"

"He should have just paid the 1000 baht and chalked it up to a lesson learned"

Etc.

Seems you cant win when your getting fucked. :smirk:

Everytime I leave a bar seperately to my friend and he pays his part of the bill they try this on. That's because he's left so you have no way of proving he's already paid. It's happend to me in suzy wongs and in phuket. it's a very common scam. Always leave together or pay it all at the same time then if you want to stay and he wants to leave just start a new checkbin and tell them you decided to stay.

Everytime I leave a bar seperately to my friend and he pays his part of the bill they try this on. That's because he's left so you have no way of proving he's already paid. It's happend to me in suzy wongs and in phuket. it's a very common scam. Always leave together or pay it all at the same time then if you want to stay and he wants to leave just start a new checkbin and tell them you decided to stay.

Yes, absolutely, always settle up with your friend--whom you presumably trust--before he leaves, as opposed to trusting the Thais...something you should NEVER do.

preahko

Some of the lads will remember a group of us in Bangkok 'befriended' by a very slight English aquaintance who had moved to Thailand some time previously and who insisted on showing us some ropes. (Grins)

A quick tour of Soi33 and then Cowboy using a couple of large check-bins between about 8 of us resulted in this fella having a very cheap night out.

Lusty spotted it. I was too pissed; lost maybe 500 baht, nothing outrageous, but the principle y'see? (Whines about principles...very unedifying and the last redoubt of a poor argument!)

Since then (and an incident in Cathouse with a dodgy Paki) I am abso-fucking-lutely of the school of separate bins.

Good fences make good neighbours.

Aye. But in the case of someone leaving early, our SOP is to have him leave the money with someone and put his bills in one of our cups. Then the bar can't pull the particular scam related above.

It's things like this that we do without even thinking that newbies need to learn. As I said, it is SOP, so I do not even think to tell anyone that.

Cheers,

SD

Archived