Kings Castle III, Newbie question!?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The cabaret everyone says is the best is The Calypso Cabaret located in The Asia Hotel.

Actually, that looks like the one I went to long ago. That was on one of my first trips to Thailand, so I wasn't quite sure what to make of it. It was relatively tame knowing what I know now, and safe for all but the most homophobic. Tip for extreme homophobes: don't sit in the front.

quote:

Originally posted by Fred Garvin:

The voice, the *exaggerated* catwalk and extremely feminine clothes (esp the heels)--in combination--are dead giveaways.

I thought of another test the other day:

Take them to Thermae and see if they're allowed in.

I've never seen a ladyboy in there.

I've never seen a katoey in the Thermae either. You make a most interesting point here. Do you have any idea why katoeys are not allowed in the Thermae?

I think a there are a great number of people who don't understand that katoeys are good for the tourism business. If you go to either The Mambo or The Calypso you will find that the majority of customers are from China, Japan and The USA.

quote:

Originally posted by punta:

Do you have any idea why katoeys are not allowed in the Thermae?

I don't know about Thermae, but they are banned from Banana Disco in Patong, apparently because a bunch of them beat a farang to death in Banana a while back.

Every now and then we hear something that reminds us that nightlife in Bangkok isn't all fun and games. Beatings, muggings and social diseases are real dangers. I'm not knocking Bangkok and shouldn't because I like Bangkok but I think it's important to keep out eyes open.

I agree that it's easy to get comfortable and drop your guard and that can be dangerous in Bangkok.

I think it would be nice if all such problems were reported here on nanaplaza. This will make us better informed and safer.

Our friend from the embassy said there have been a lot problems with katoeys pickpocketing and sometimes mugging people on Sukhumvit Road near The Landmark Hotel. What do you know about that?

I've always found King's 3, The NEP and the cabarets to be safe. This is most true about King's 3. I doubt that The King's Group would tolerate any violence against customers.

Have you heard any rumors of new katoey bars opening? Bangkok being the katoey center of the universe could open a few more. I don't think it's a secret that interest in katoeys continues to grow.

Archived