Tequila Rip-Off...again

elroy

Seems SD and I on same side. One girl I have seen over the last year steadily become a alcoholic, SD knows her.

Now she would NEVER take a cola, always straight tequila, however it is showing on her badly. Whatever it takes to get through the day I suspect.

They don't actually think your handsome (except SD) and they don't sit with you for fun, it's a job, drinks are payment. If they don't want to get drunk, but tale a pretend tequila and get more $ for it, I am still in the so what basket.

HOWEVER IF THEY EVER WATER DOWN MY DRINK . . . . . . . . . . .

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So you want to force the girls to drink? I buy drinks because I know that that is their main source of income and one needs to pay them for their time.

Um, what did I say that gave you that impression? Of course not. I would think that to get a girl to drink tequila, you'd probably at some point have to either ask her (or her ask you) if she'd like a tequila. In other words, it would be up to her. She'd need to take that extra step to order a drink that has a higher price. I haven't been in this position myself in BKK, whenever I buy a girl a drink I just leave it to the girl to order her own... so I'm not sure exactly how it works in this tequila-ordering scene. Are there places where it's normal to come in, sit with a girl, and without asking the girl, order her a tequila that she's obliged to drink? If so (no sarcasm here) I can see your point. Then again, a girl working in a place like that could easily go work in another place that's not like that.

I think everybody knows they make money on lady drinks or tequila or whatever else you buy them. That doesn't seem relevant. Because something is profitable doesn't make it legitimate -- I mean, it's not ok for them to pickpocket you, right?

And if you paid for your artificial tequilas with counterfeit money, I would think the bar would find some way to clearly express their dissatisfaction. ;-)

ps: when ever I order the girl a drink, I never even think about what it is. It doesn't matter to me. It would only matter if the girl asked if I could buy her a more expensive real-alcohol drink instead, and then that turned out to be fake. But normally I just assume her drink is probably non-alcoholic.

Eh? Artificial tequila and counterfeit money? WTF are you on about?

The point is that you are buying a lady drink, not a tequila for your consumption. So it is pointless to care if it is water or Patron as long as it is the price of a lady drink, cuz that's what she is buying, a lady drink. The gal can call the contents of the drink whatever she wants to.

Of course, if you order a tequila for yourself, and get water, then there is a problem.

Cheers,

SD

as long as it is the price of a lady drink, cuz that's what she is buying, a lady drink. The gal can call the contents of the drink whatever she wants to.

If the price is not higher, then it's not a big deal. If she's trying to get you to pay more by asking for something thats more expensive than a lady drink, but isn't really that expensive drink -- that's not cool. I'm not sure if we're talking about the same thing here.

I was editing in a PS at the end of that last post that you didn't see when you wrote that reply.

About counterfeit money, the point was that the bar obviously would go apeshit if a customer pulled a fast one on them.

Generally the price of a tequila for the girl is higher than a cola. If she gets a shot glass of water (which I have yet to knowingly encounter by the way), it means you were scammed by two people since it takes the bartender and the girl to be in on it. Amazing to me some people are indifferent to getting blatantly lied and cheated like that. If the girl doesn't want alcohol, then she shouldn't order it. If she wants a bigger tip, she should make it clear or better yet earn it.

Well, when you buy a drink in a establishment that's party to illegal activities such as prostitution, then you kinda expect that might be happening.

Point I am making slightly different to SD, who I agree with, is some people try to get the girl drunk, her asking for water instead of Tequila is her self defences, after all, she shouldn't be drinking and working at the same time ;)

Generally the price of a tequila for the girl is higher than a cola.

I guess the bars I go to are different. A lady drink in "my bars" is a cola, a juice, or a local spirits highball/shot (includes rotgut tequila) for the same price. Hence the reason I don't see the issue.

YMMV.

Cheers,

SD

Archived