Wow! Gov. Eliot Spitzer is a gonner!!!!

TheCorinthian

CW...The NY Times shoots itself in the foot often times. Then refuses to get treatment or go for rehab. :) BTW, even though he's a leftist, that ain't a crime. (Unless your name is Alger Hiss.)

Fidel...not sure which story was posted first. There were a couple (at least) just on the NY Times web site. Would make no sense, though, to post an "anonymous" source who "believes" after the posting a story about an "admission". As for the Gov. admitting anything, what's he gonna do? Deny that the voice on the tape from a wire tap isn't his? Good luck with that one!

HH

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you want to deduce from what I said that "this is all about The New York Times", so be it. I frankly don't think that is what I inferred. What I posted does go to the frequent "playing loose" by The NY Times and other liberal media when it serves their purpose(s). I'm very much surprised that they would do so in connection with one of their own. Maybe their readership is down to only "their own". Wouldn't be too surprised. Things are tough in the media these days with respect to finances. So I'm not really surprised that "yellow journalism" has been ressurected and that disregard for traditional journalistic values/standards are being tossed into the trash can.

HH

The scent of blood travels far.

It does and this thing is breaking fast, fast, fast! This story is HUGE! Spitzer was a major figure who would likely have been in public life for decades more if not for this. It is starting to look like he will resign. His previous high-profile prostitution-ring prosecutions as Attorney General for the State of New York, the crossing of State lines making it a Federal case, the known connections of this sort of top-dollar crime racket with organized crime families in NY, the exposure to blackmail he created for himself...It seems almost impossible that they will get away with the old "It's just about sex" line here.

Spitzer is a super delegate so this will probably hurt Hillary and bring up wild Bill's ghost of Monica.

Spitzer was an early supporter of Hillary, he's a Hillary superdelegate, and he's the leading Democrat in her home State. This definitely hurts Hillary and the hurt won't go away until Spitzer does at the soonest.

Archived