Wow! Gov. Eliot Spitzer is a gonner!!!!

TheCorinthian

ALBANY - Gov. Eliot Spitzer has informed his most senior administration officials that he had been involved in a prostitution ring, an administration official said this morning.

Mr. Spitzer, who was huddled with his top aides early this afternoon, had hours earlier abruptly canceled his scheduled public events for the day. He is set to make an announcement about 2:15 this afternoon at his Manhattan office.

http://www.nytimes.com/pages/nyregion/index.html

What a moron!!!! He had it made!!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The NY Times. What a fucking RAG. "But a person with knowledge of the governorâ??s role said that the person believes the governor is one of the men identified as clients." A "person" who "believes". Now that is really fucking believable. I'd tend to believe The Enquirer before The NY Times. Just like the McCain "story": no attribution (another anonymous source) who "believes" or assumes or "wouldn't be surprised". Anybody who takes that paper for other than putting it on a spool in the crapper risks losing their brain when they take a shit.

HH

Frankly, I've always been a little wary of Spitzer. He comes from a list of New York Attorney Generals that used his office to make prosecutions for the front page to propel a political career. Most of these prosecutions were warranted but sometimes these types spent time and money and resources going after 'names' instead of more substantive targets.

Go back to Dewey all the way to Guiliani to Spitzer and New York has had a history of these guys. As I said, they do some good, but their motives are what makes me wary.

Spitzer made a name going after mutual funds and some of his prosecutions were, at least to me, unnecessary or overboard, just to get attention for himself.

Give me a guy in there who does it solely for the public good. Not possible but one can hope.

I wonder if Spitzer is indeed a "gonner". I certainly hope so, but he seems to be angling. I wouldn't be surprised if he "confessed" to being a "victim" of "sexual addiction" or some such nonsense. Then he seeks therapy, makes an appearance on Oprah, co-writes a self-help book for others similarly trapped in a tragic situation not of their own making (and donates the revenues to a related charity run by some friend of his), etc. This guy won't give up his career unless and until he is completely out of options. (Think Hillary here.)

Archived