Closet Lefty Resigns.

Julian2

Bet he also believed in the Constitution' date=' a pinko document written by revolutionaries who had overthrown their lawful government![/quote']

The Constitution makes the President the Commander in Chief of the United States Military. Adm. Fallon was the Combatant Commander for Central Comand. He reported to the Secretary of Defense who in turn reports to the President. Adm. Fallon made headlines last fall by giving assurances to the Egyptians that war with Iran was ruled out. Word out now is that Fallon's statements were not authorized by those in whom the Constitution vests executive authority. This is insubordination, a decided no-no in the military. It has nothing to do with partisan politics. Sorry guys.

Spoken like a true FReeper .

Why wouldn't they court marshal him then? Or thirty days confined to quarters even? Or do generals get a better deal for insubordination than privates?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And who does the POTUS answer to?

If the majority of Americans want the war to end, why do the crooks in power refuse to end it?

The President takes an oath to defend the country and uphold the Constitution. He answers to God, and to the people if and when he runs for re-election. If the Congress thinks the President is failing to do his job, they can impeach him and remove him from office and then answer to the electorate for their actions. Our Founders (of blessed memory) never intended that executive decisions be made by popular plebiscite. They were quite explicit on the shortcomings of such an approach. They were right then and they're still right now.

Could it be that whoremongerers are just plain smarter than other folks, or have a better sense of morality ...sort of?

Or maybe it's some sort of selfish good vs. greater good, immediate gratification vs. delayed gratification, easy route vs. difficult route thing going on.

Ah, your ignorance shines. The POTUS oath is simply:

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.

No swearing to God. No defending the country. The past few Congresses have been negligent in their NOT impeaching this pResident. But that's another post.

You keep making shit up, being arrogant with no backup, and posing as an intellectual by using "big words" and a confident approach. But that does not hide your failure to understand the basics of grade school civics class.

Regards,

SD -- waiting for you to call me liberal scum and run away

Why wouldn't they court marshal him then? Or thirty days confined to quarters even? Or do generals get a better deal for insubordination than privates?

Admiral Fallon served for 42 years (or at least that is what Gen. Abizaid told me last night). I would assume that the President believes that all Americans should be proud and grateful for Adm. Fallon's service. I know I am.

Gee, are US gents doing the same as Thais now, keeping their ranks after they retire?

That's not the game. I am sure that Mr Abizaid did not pose as a General either. But you know that, and you know you are just making this shit up anyway.

Go away.

Regards,

SD -- err, make that Cmdr SD

But that does not hide your failure to understand the basics of grade school civics class.

As usual you get way ahead of yourself, SD. President Bush put his hand on George Washington's Bible while taking the oath of office for a reason. What do you suppose that reason was? And aren't you confusing the text of the oath with the meaning of the oath?

Archived