Here is a good one! Insurgents in Iraq get boost from coverage in news

TheCorinthian

http://www.usnews.com/articles/news/iraq/2008/03/12/are-iraqi-insurgents-emboldened-by-antiwar-reporting.html

Insurgent attacks increased between 7 and 10 percent immediately after a spike in "antiresolve" statements in the media, according to the findings.

From Harvard, hardly a bastion of pro-war or republican sentiment.

Discuss.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WTF is an "antiresolve statement"?

COME ON!

I'm pinching myself here.. am I dreaming?

Did Corinthian just post this, or haven't I woken up yet?

Really, Corinthian:

"In the short term, there is a small but measurable cost to open public debate in the form of higher attacks against Iraqi and American targets."

I thought you were sane (maybe borderline, but still sane).

Right..... the God-danged media better shut their mouths and get with the programme...

COME ON CORINTHIAN! WAKE UP! FIVE YEARS IN IRAQ AND ALL THERE IS IN THE COUNTRY IS MISERY AND DEATH!

Fucking commies stay the course. Of course, you don't have a problem with that for some reason. :) You don't seem to have a problem with terrorists staying the course either...so it seems. And you don't seem to think, unlike experts on all sides, that "going home" will make Iraq safer and less bloody. Ho hum....

HH

And you don't seem to think, unlike experts on all sides, that "going home" will make Iraq safer and less bloody. Ho hum...

Who said it would be better? I just do not see it getting any worse, and our boys (and $$) will be out of it. So therefore, it is better for *us*.

Regards,

SD

Oh hum, here we go again. "Commies".

How many times do I have to remind you that Commies are the villans in Chuck Norris and Rambo movies?

Look. The Iraqis would be far better off if they had been left alone. In fact the world would be a much safer place.

5 years Hugh, 5 YEARS. And what kind of life do the Iraqis have?

Archived