Here is a good one! Insurgents in Iraq get boost from coverage in news

TheCorinthian

Oh, and with regard to "terrorists". I don't consider the word "terrorist" to be a catch-all term.

Even in Iraq, there are a range of different groups, with different goals, ideals and MOs.

Resistance of occupation is legitimate (if not a patriotic duty).

Remember the Soviet Occupation of Afghanistan? Didn't you guys arm "terrorists", "insurgents" or whatever it is you want to call them?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<< Resistance of occupation is legitimate (if not a patriotic duty). >>

That's why the WWII victors expelled millions of people from their historic homes. Then you could safely annex the lands and they wouldn't be occupied! Wonder why GWB didn't think of that.

:hmmm:

Hugh, later in the century, when China invades the US to overthrow the Despotic regime of President Jenna Bush, and builds an embassy the size of the Vatican City on the banks of the Potomac, Chuck Norris won't be around to help you, and if he was, he and the rest of the resistance would be labeled "terrorists" or "insurgents" against the democratically elected Chomsky government.

WTF is an "antiresolve statement"?

COME ON!

I'm pinching myself here.. am I dreaming?

Did Corinthian just post this, or haven't I woken up yet?

Really, Corinthian:

"In the short term, there is a small but measurable cost to open public debate in the form of higher attacks against Iraqi and American targets."

I thought you were sane (maybe borderline, but still sane).

Right..... the God-danged media better shut their mouths and get with the programme...

COME ON CORINTHIAN! WAKE UP! FIVE YEARS IN IRAQ AND ALL THERE IS IN THE COUNTRY IS MISERY AND DEATH!

Fiddle, Why are you yelling at me? I am only coping what I read. I make no stand whatsoever on it's merits. I simply invited the discussion.

You act as if I wrote the thing, which I most assuredly did not.

(I do stand by the statement I made about Harvard not being pro war!)

OK. Let's discuss.

I believe that the kind of arugment put forwad in the article is too often used to convince people that it is better NOT to report the truth than to report the truth.

This is a disturbing trend.

I think people should have access to as much information as possibel so they can form educated and objective opinions.

Oh hum, here we go again. "Commies".

How many times do I have to remind you that Commies are the villans in Chuck Norris and Rambo movies?

Look. The Iraqis would be far better off if they had been left alone. In fact the world would be a much safer place.

5 years Hugh, 5 YEARS. And what kind of life do the Iraqis have?

Right Fidel...only in Chuck Norris movies.555555555

And when FDR and Truman were running the show, they laughed it off and and ignored anybody who would tell them. Got so bad that even Truman wasn't trusted enough to know the extent until he had to be gang-raped by U.S., U.K. and Australian intelligence offices. Of course, after the Venona Project messages were translated, it was a slam dunk that the Democratic administrations were loaded with Soviet spies. Not just spies, but the darlings of the professors of "elite" universities/media. Yep. The Ivy League schools and rags like the NY Times. They were all fawning over the fucking Soviet/commie spies and ridiculed those who would dare to call these traitors spies...especially since the spies so vehemently denied everything. I mean, wouldn't a spy say "yes", I'm a commie. LOL. Yeah...right. So forgive me if I misinterpret the following. Naw, you don't have to forgive me, cuz I don't give a flying fuck. But, first of all, your board name and former avatar (Fidel) was a dead giveaway. (Surprised you didn't put up the hammer and sickle when you took Fidel down.) You post like a fucking commie. Not in just content, but in style. You scream (like a scorned woman experiencing menopause), inflame, use innuendo, ignore the hypocrisy of your utterances, deny...I could go on and on. It's just to let you know that I know your tactics and ain't impressed. In fact, the more you post, the more I conclude that you should request a few private seances with Dr. Faustian. Clearly, you exhibit both neurotic and psychotic symptoms in the form of obsessive-complusive utterances and paranoia and manic depression (the last two being particular serious).

Like I posted before, the commies don't use that name anymore. They learned it ain't smart (except a few like yourself). The started calling themselves "progressive". When that didn't hide their true selves, the became the liberal wing of the Democratic party. The Democratic Party is nothing like it was even 40 years ago. The fucking commie ideology has hijacked that party to the extent that must make neo-cons jealous with envy.

Yeah...people are dying. Something new in a war? Five years, while long if something is going on in your backyard, is not long if it leads to unparalled democracy and improvement ALL of the people of the country...not just merely Saddam's bathists/Sunni's (bourgeisie to you). I find it interesting (hypocritical) for you to rant against capitalism while seemingly saying that Saddam's excesses were fine. Everybody was better off. No fucking idea that, overall, given time, the entire population stands to gain handsomely.

So while you go on and on about the evil U.S. (and can only admit to enjoying our music), I'm wondering how many millions of citizens of the former USSR would have liked us to kick Stalin out before they were murdered? Or Mao out of China before they were murdered? Or Pol Pot out of Cambo before they were murdered? Yeah...all your heros. I know. It would have been a terrible thing. But I bet we wouldn't have killed as many civilians (by a long shot) as your buddies. At least, not intentionally, as they did.

See Dr. Faustian ASAP !

HH

Shit man, you're right!

For years I have wondered how I fit into events that happened decades before I was born.

Now I know.

And I must accept that the war in Iraq is for the greater good.. and will bring unparalleled democracy and prosperity for the Iraqi people, eventually. I also understand that for this to happen, there will be an indefinite period in which there will be "teething problems". 5 years is but a blink of the eye in terms of the history of the world.

I guess I am the victim of Commie propaganda, pumped at me from all directions by the mainstream media.

I had somehow forgotten that the benevolent armed forces, intelligence services and government of enlightened altruists (God bless the loving leaders, Bush & Cheney)of the United States aim only to spread peace, prosperity and democracy across the world.

Thanks for setting me straight.

I hope that the people of Iraq, Afghanistan, Vietnam, Palestine etc will learn to appreciate the huge, selfless sacrifices made by your great nation to ensure that they prosper culturally, spiritually and economically.

God bless you Hugh! God BLESS you!

Faustian, would you be so kind as to offer me couselling through PTs? I need your help to come to terms with my new epiphany.

:crazy:

...I'm wondering how many millions of citizens...would have liked us to kick...Pol Pot out of Cambo before they were murdered?

Oopsie. Fact check. Pol Pot was one of "our guys." We supported the DKs because they were anti-Vietanmese. Read through some of Zbigniew Brzezinski's memoirs to clear that up. To wit: "Brzezinski himself claims that he concocted the idea of persuading Thailand to cooperate fully with China in efforts to rebuild the Khmer Rouge.... Brzezinski said, " I encouraged the Chinese to support Pol Pot. I encouraged the Thai to help the DK [Democratic Kampuchea]. The question was how to help the Cambodian people. Pol Pot was an abomination. We could not support him but China could."

The U.S. not only permitted the Khmer Rouge to use the refugee camps in Thailand as a base for its war against the new government in Phnom Penh but it also helped Prince Norodom Sihanouk and former Prime Minister Son Sann to organize their own guerrilla armies from the refugee population in the camps. These camps are an integral factor in the ability of the Khmer Rouge, the Sihanoukist National Army (ANS) and Son Sann's Khmer People's National Liberation Front (KPNLF) to wage war against the Hun Sen government.

Cheers,

SD

Archived