Another Sin Sot debate...

Old Hippie

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I HAVE TO PAY for the girl, then she is for sale, and thus not worth having, as someone with more money can buy me off. Additionally, if I have to pay, then she is only with me for money, and I want no parts, hence If I have to pay, I don't want her, whores are a dime a dozen...

I don't think any of the negative brigade, myself included, would worry about putting some cash down if we were sure it would be put back in our account or handed back later. The issue is when it is known it is not coming back or when it is suspected it will not come back.

Now with gold at an all time high, requests for obscene amounts of gold are also high ticket items. I;ve heard of say 5-10 baht for her, some for mama, some for grandmama and even some for papa. The way these requests were made meant it was a demand. Now no-one says you are going to hawk the gold to get your cash back later that afternoon so some 15 baht of gold is another 250k or so these days.

The other thing I detest is the difference they throw out for non Thais. I've seen Thais struggle to come up with 100k of cash and a couple of baht of gold but from the same family there were demand of 500k and mega gold for a used older daughter which just didn't compute for me. it was ripping the westerner off.

As I've said loads of times, I've no problem with some assistance but let's face facts, if the family is in such poor shape that they haven't got 200k or so, then they are just going to waste your sin sot and you'll still have them begging for more. Better you find another way or, in agreement with OH, you find a different girl.

Archived