Spice Girls SC - can not barfine?!

Somchai888

Interesting. While I did not know the distinction until now, I am sure I have seen the Tilac coyote dancers once as they stand out and are amazing. The stage was on fire and they looked great, albeit covered. I can see the downside of the best dancers/lookers being off limits will create problems since no one goes to the bars to get turned down, but they also liven up the bar a lot instead of the regular shuffle and provide some good eye candy. So I say as long as it stays relatively small like it seems to be now, it is good for adding some variety. It's not common to see girls really get into dancing and it's something I miss as some bars like Camelot used to be famous for it.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not good for adding 'variety' because it doesn't add variety. It takes it away.

There's a lack of nude/topless dancing in Bangkok. Soi Cowboy seems to be the only place that can do it anymore. So it's a waste of a Soi Cowboy space to be having girls wearing clothes.

On the other hand, there is NOT a lack of coyote places where the girls are difficult to get. They're all over the fucking place.

Extremely bad move in my book. If there are attractive girls, I don't want them covered up. I preferred it before. I took one look at the new format, (correctly) summed it up and went straight out. If I want to see girls in too many clothes and potentially be prick-teased, I can do that in hundreds of places all over the world. :thumbdown:

But of course there are lots of bars in Cowboy with no showing and no coyotes so I don't think you can say coyotes by default take away. Think of bars like black & white--bores me to death compared to what's on tap in bars all around it. Yes, I know you are paranoid of anything that would eliminate showing in bars but I don't see this as a threat but more as a one off.

This Guy owns Midnight, Spice girls, and I think De Javu? and maybe Our Place? seems he is hell bent on fucking up the street. I went in there, and it was NOT at all customer friendly. I left immediately, and have not been back. At the time, I was the only customer in the place. Too bad, as many of the girls were indeed hot.

Didn't know he may own Our Place also - IMHO he already owns too many places...

Ya, the Arab owns Spice Girls, Midnite, Our Place, Deja Vu and Spanky's in NEP. In all his places customer service sucks, prices are too high (B170 for a lady drink??), all the fun has been sucked out of former decent bars and replaced with too much neon and mirrors and ladyboys.

Cheers,

SD

The drill was, I walked into Spice girls with the intent of bar fining one of the girls I saw outside, the bar was empty, I was immediately rushed by 2 girls wanting drinks before I even sat down, I told them I was waiting for the girl who was dancing, I was then handed a drink menu, I saw the prices, and the bar fine prices, and said "Pang mak!" and walked out, they did not seem surprised.

Obviously, someone must be drinking/bar fining there, as he is still in business. SO what do I know? just not my price range, and I didn't like the attitude at all. As for Coyote dancers, I sort of like it at times, would hate it in cowboy/other such places if I could not bar fine them, just a bad trend.

To me, the Thai bar scene is ruined by the following vicious cycle...guy goes into a bar, throws money around foolishly, girl figures "...if he can blow money like that on drinks, he can give me a lot as well, " which he foolishly does, she brags to other girls, the bar owner gets wind of it, figures "...if these fools can blow that kind of money on a girl, they will also blow it on drinks and bar fines..." and raises his/her prices...and the cycle keeps repeating.

To be fair, I quite like Deja Vu. I like the 'dress code' a lot and sometimes you'll get some lookers (although no one's quite caught my eye enough to barfine).

Midnite can be quite good depending on what time you walk in. Usually you'll get the ladyboy horrors. But they also seem to have a quite cute shift who appear sometimes. Again, the dress code is to my liking.

Bars that don't show in the one area of Bangkok that lets you show are a waste of space. Black & White, Tilac, Cowboy 2 and now this coyote place... :thumbdown:

Whilst I am not as bothered as Bibs about everywhere having to show I do agree with a lot of his comments and those of others such as OH. I enjoy coyote dancing but as said there are loads of other venues in Bangkok for that and we don't really need it in Cowboy. And as SD says a shame that every bar IMHO that the arab gets his hands on seems to end up fucked up and overpriced. Not living in Bangkok anymore I'm not as well informed as I once might have been and don't really know exactly what the guys game is? Is he a guy with big money but absolutely no idea how to run a decent agogo bar? Or is he fronting for others and laundring the money through the bars is the issue rather than running a good bar that makes a decent profit?

Simie.

Archived