Pool places

Pablo666

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is a good topic...I love playing pool and would love some BKK expats to state where proper pool parlours are....

Whilst I love playing pool, I do hate playing in beer bars as the tables are crap...

If anyone knows of proper pool parlour (talking 8 ball not 9 ball) then please post the info...

Thanks

Sanukboot.

Well, I'm a pretty shitty pool player, but I like taking my GF to Brunswick on Soi 4. American style Brunswick tables, decent food and music. I believe that New Wave on Soi 7 is the favorite hang-out for a lot of the guys as there are girls there as well. Also, Bamboo Bar on Soi 3 is popular.

I think someone posted an extensive review on the pool venues a while back. Try doing a search, or maybe someone can post the link to it.

Ranger

quote:

Originally posted by rovineye:

How about Blue Boy on Suk about Soi 13 or 15. Tables seemed pretty good if memory serves me right, which it occasionally does.

I think Big Boy is still closed from the fire a while back. It was last time I walked by, but that was a couple of weeks ago.

Ranger

Blue Boy was closed last time I walked past because of the fire at the Ambassador.

Try Swan Snooker on Soi 4 (not quite as far down as Brunswick). They have a lot of decent tables. They also have a couple of full size Snooker tables at 100baht per hour.

In Pattaya, my favorite is the 19th hole which is over Blues Factory near Walking Street. It is air conditioned.

Big Boys is still closed post fire, just walked past there 10 minutes ago.

New Wave Bar: More for Brits than americans, since tables are of the "Small Pocket" type more akin to a half size snooker table than a pool table, also there are no toilets in there.

Bamboo Bar: Some serious games and some hustlers, OK.

Swan Snooker: as posted Pool and snooker.

Woodstocks: 2 tables, the newest being a full size Brunswick imported from the States.

The Livingroom(TLR): 2 Decent tables, but since the "Hammers" fan who runs the place is getting more and more live music in there, most nights only 1 table..OK daytime though 65Baht Happy hours (11AM - 7 PM)

Hell if I can remember the place in the condition I'm in at the moment, but Soi 4 had a place that had a few tables and a decent selection of girls as well. Some of these babes could really shoot a mean stick! Maybe it was night rider bar? not sure really...Also New wave on Soi 7 was a decent spot and Big boy was also decent...maybe closed now. Myself, I suck at pool, but I love the game! just a lot of fun to be out in bars shooting pool! God I miss BKK...

Archived