Era of cheap food ends as prices surge

Flashermac

Guest lazyphil

everyone i speak to has a different approach, runners, body builders, weight lifters, MA'ists, boxers etc etc. the main thing is to push yourself as hard as you can and rest, only when you rest/recover you make the gains. personally i'll never go back to my old ways....i'm not forking out for new clothes again to fit me!!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't want to look like a marathon runner. Have you seen how unhealthy those guys look? I think it's taking things too far. :)

It's good that you build your exercise into the normal day, sayjann. Another thing that infuriates me is the laziness of people who'll take the lift one or two floors or will use the car for the shortest of trips down to the shops.

People are so fucking lazy. Whenever I've come back to an office with any sort of shopping there's mild astonishment that I should have used my legs for this task. "What, you walked?" (All of 10 minutes walk away or something like that :doah: )

Thais are getting fatter too. You'll notice it especially if you come to Thailand from a country lacking fast food joints. I returned from Vietnam and started noticing how many more fat girls there were straight away. Looking in malls, it's sad to see Thais now stuffing themselves full of the sugary, fat, nutritionally worthless, concoctions of such places as 'Cream Fudge Factory'. :shakehead

The "little Thais" are now taller and fatter. I'm 6 foot even, and when I came here in the 1970s Thais thought I was tall. I'm not tall any more. Plenty of Thais are as big as I am and some taller.

It's the change of diet, as well as the junk food. Nowadays, the government provides free cartons of milk to all students in the morning. There was none of that before. Thais also used to turn up their nose at cheese. I've seen them picking it off of a pizza, and some restaurants offered a "cheeseless pizza".

Add to that the much greater variety of cakes and pastries, plus the countless ice cream shops. You have to go to barn nawk to see how Thais used to look.

:dunno:

• 1 month later...

Archived