If it can be of any use, my typical session would look like this:

Barbell squats:

12 reps 40 kilos

10 reps 50 kilos

8 reps 60 kilos

6 reps 65 kilos

then if possible (I am now half unconscieous):

12 reps of as much as I can take.

Squats are risky, watch your back! But you get tremendous quads!

Then do analogue exercises for deltoids, pectorals, calfs, biceps etc.

I am 66 years old and I need to fight the age related erosion of my muscle mass. And I fear those camps some poster suggested...

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
people get away with laughing and moaning about fat farang women here with total inpunity!

Lazyphil brings up a great point here. I've seen endless posts about fat farang women and don't ever recall someone coming to their defense or raising a stink about the topic in any of the threads.

Personally the only time I'm offended by a fat person is when I have to share part of my airplane seat with him/her because their fat ass wont fit in the seat they paid for. :banghead::cussing:

Other than that, I dont care what someone else does with their body.

Guest lazyphil

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/cn_news_home/DisplayArticle.asp?ID=309118

lets see if the legions of people defending the obese/or are obese themselves resist mocking the above!!!

<<"People who are overweight are stereotyped as couch potatoes and lacking self-esteem. I want to fight that stereotype. I got up there and showed that big people can do it.">>

"...defending..."

It's not about defending it's just about a minimum of human - and biological - understanding about how difficult it is to reduce weight.

Once you are seriously overweight, your body now believes that this is the normal weight and adapts itself accordingly. This means that whenever you try to reduce that weight, survival instincts, which of course are extraordinarily strong, kicks in and make your body reacts with an compulsive urge to eat. To eat what, salads? No, to eat what the stimuli from the fast food industry has tought you to eat, those Big Macs, French Fries, Cokes, etc. In the same way as a lion has learn to react with hunger when he sees an antilope, all the crap food and advertising about it around us has focused our appetite to crapfood, resulting in a quaranteed weight increase as a result of your efforts of dieting.

The real tragedy is when the bodies of children are tought to get their appetite stimulated by junk food.

So this is why it is very difficult to lose weight, but not hopeless. The trick is to gradually redirect your appetite towards natural foods, increase your metabolism and burn calories by exercise etc.

Bomb all 7/11s!

high food prices are the best news since oil hit $100 a barrel...at last forces people to review their lifestyles...and with a bit of luck will lead to

(i) a ban on hambugers, chips and assorted other junk food;

(ii) locking up overweight people in prison-like fat farms until they shrink to regular-sized humans;

(iii) fines/imprisonment for those who overorder at restaurants or leave large amounts of food uneaten to gain face...

So we've bashed the motorist, then the smoker, now its something as basic as food. Jeez!

As someone in buying on alcohol, I can tell you categorically that there is no-one to blame but the large retailers - Tesco in particular. They consistantly sell below cost driving the competition out of business whilst maintaining the mantra that they are doing this for the sake of the consumer.

They also hit the suppliers by paying below production costs, especially on staples like milk, eggs and bread.

The recent duty increase in alcohol in the UK averaged 55p a bottle (depending on ABV), this is a government tax, which has to be paid by the suppliers, yet they (Tesco) have refused point blank to accept this. Good on them some may say, but its unsustainable in the long term and is going to lead to job losses and a deteration in the booze market.

...my tee rak has been buying bags of rice like crazy! I told her today that the King may be knocking at her door for some rice the way she is going! :grin:

Wal-Mart-owned Sam's Club limits rice purchases

BENTONVILLE, Ark. - Sam's Club, the membership warehouse division of Wal-Mart Stores Inc., is limiting how much rice customers can buy because of what it calls "recent supply and demand trends."

ADVERTISEMENT

The broader chain of Wal-Mart stores has no plans to limit food purchases, however.

Sam's Club says it will limit customers to four bags at a time of Jasmine, Basmati and long grain white rice. Rice prices have been hitting record highs recently on worries about tight supplies...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080423/ap_on_bi_ge/wal_mart_rice

Archived