End of Washingtin Square ?

Coss

Found on another board, I make no representations to validity.

"Recently the pub/resturant owners in Washington Square, Bangkok received notice that their leases may be terminated by the owners in 2009. The notice also read that evictions may be enforced by police.

The plan is to tear down the rundown buildings in the square and redevelop the area. This time it's real...she's comin' down."

Comments?

Cheers

Coss

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where exactly is Washington Square???....

I think I've been there once or twice (in a past life!)....but my memory fails me....really don't think I could find my way back there again now!!!! :dunno::grinyes::grinyes:

Besides....I've heard it can be a very unfriendly place :onfire: :cussing::boxing::cussing: :onfire:

Not that it really matters.....there's not much chance of me being in the neighbourhood in the foreseeable future...... :yikes::scared::yikes:

Cheers DC

Cent,

maybe.....but from what I've heard recently, if one was to go there, it could possibly place one's health and well being in grave danger....

Personally, hate the sight of blood.....especially MINE ....lol

Best they just bulldoze the joint and build a new shopping mall....IMHO... :hubba: :hubba: :liar::liar::liar: :hubba: :hubba:

Cheers DS

I like it. It is a relaxed and laid back area without a lot of the hard sell of other more tourist oriented areas. More of an expat area, lots of old hands around, not so tourist oriented, although there are many tourists hanging there they are mainly long time repeat tourists who know how to act and behave due to their long term exposure from their many trips to Thailand. I'd miss the area if it goes under.

Cent

Archived