Bar Closings for Local Elections - Add to the List

Gadfly

Some of you may know that bars in Pattaya were closed this weekend and will be closed next weekend for special elections, but most of you probably havenâ??t heard about the other local elections slated for the next few weeks:

- May 5 & 6 - NEP and any place in Klong Koey (the side of Sukhumvit with even numbered Sois) â?? District Council Elections

- May 26 & 27 - Soi Cowboy and Soi 33 â?? Khet Wattana Water Board elections

- June 3 & 4 - Pattaya (again) â?? Greater Sattahip Area Sewage Abatement Commission elections

- June 17 & 18 - Rachadapisek area discos and massage parlors â?? Huay Kwang Historical Site Preservation Council elections

I am sure there are others, and I suggest we post as we get more information.

Actually, not over-reacting, but mocking the bar closings for local elections with mock elections.

Does anyone really think there is a "Khet Wattana Water Board", a "Greater Sattahip Area Sewage Abatement Commission" or - even better, a "Huay Kwang Historical Site Preservation Council"? :)

:topic:

Pattaya Mayoral elections should be interesting, one of the candidates is Kh'Ithiphol head of Pattaya immigration and also a drinking buddy of mine.

Since he deals with foreigners on a daily basis he is well aware of how Bar closures and early closing effects pattaya's reputation and if elected he promises to relax the licencing laws or should I say turn a blind eye to, Pattaya is under policed as it is and the BiB have better things to do than harras tourist. I know personally 3 bar owners who have "Contributed" to his electrol campaign funds and will be serving alcohol over the weekend.

Archived