Chances of BG getting out of the scene ?

gobbledonk

Hi All,

OK, I'm not personally going to try to rescue either of the two girls I'd like to see leave the 'industry' before its too late, but seeing a couple of really pathetic senior citizens still trying to turn tricks made me wonder : how many of the girls manage to walk away ? I know the normal progression is to Mamasan, bartender or similar, but how many do you know who have been able to save enough money to start (legit) businesses ?

Both girls are fiercely independent, expressing no desire to leave, and both are being heavily milked by their beloved families, but neither seems overly concerned about her 'future'. At 27 and 35 respectively, neither girl has a lot of years to save the kind of money that I suspect they will need if they return to their villages ..

Yeah, I know - its not for the Farang to intervene in their lives etc, and I should know better, but it would hurt like hell to see either of these girls end up like the 'older sister' I met on Soi 4 : any feedback most welcome.

Cheers,

Gobble

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I was in Pattaya last year hanging out with CT he introduced me to a former go-go dancer turned business woman. This girl was a real stunner and still young; now owns about four 7-11 type stores in Pattaya drives a brand new SUV. All paid for by gogo action. Don't know about sponsers but she is doing very well. She went out partying with us one night lots of fun.

S1

All right.

I knew at least 4 girls who married some foreigners and went to live abroad.

The common point? All of these girls were approaching their thirties and the customers who became husbands were not short of money.

I know at least one lady who married in her thirties a foreigner and went to live with him, from this one I know they have been living happily for now 4 years.

Another case: The lady is 28, very independent and with an iron will. Her aim? Get security -> small townhouse + small condo and some money in the bank: Total about 2 to 2.5 million bht then only will she accept to leave the bar and this is not a gold-digger or a scammer.

Last case: A girl 22 years old, would like to live abroad (already went on holidays twice with customers) and seems her wish his really to leave Thailand (only Thai citizen I ever met who hates Thailand in general).

The bar: For most of the girls if you do not get them out of the bar it will never work.

For some it might but these are the minority cases.

Life is made of opportunities and Thais (not only BG) seem to live on the short term.

Therefore, if a girl stays in the bar she might easily fall for the opportunities not matter if she could loose far more on the long term.

This said, cases of BG who got pulled out of the bar but who freelanced or fucked around later are not unheard of, even in a foreign country.

IMHO: Most girls even if they want the "security" will not be able to save or invest it and will spend the money whatever the amount. Some ladies are more intelligent and realistic and their aim is really getting financial security and to leave the bar.

Problem is: The more they stay in the bar the more they get used to this lifestyle and the more their own resolve decreases.

One factor though: All girls no matter their age seem to realize that their bar life can only last as long as they remain attractive but the majority does not know how to plan on the long term and thus have no realistic views -> if they are lucky they will get financial security one day (and maybe waste it but this is another story) the unlucky ones -> end up at 40 waiting for the next meal not knowing if they can pay it or if a bit less unlucky will become mamasan or cashiers.

Where do we stand in that?

If you really have money or the will to do it so you can risk it on the "girl of your dream" hoping that providing her with security that she will stick with you. (with of course the always present risk to end up without money, being thrown out of the house you bought/built for her etc......)

Otherwise, do not fall for a bargirl.

This was my objective advice.

My personal view: I am a crazy enough to be willing in a few months to spend 3-4 million bht on a BG to make her secure........

Back on the highway Drogon??

It's possible, knew a girl way back, she got a Jap sponsor of sorts, she set up a karaoke bar, stop working in the bar...Jap came to see her sometimes, otherwise she runs her business and lives. Hoped it worked out for her. No idea if it has as I don't frequent establishments of ill repute anymore. She seemed to be a rarity amongst the horde.

My wife has a 3rd cousin or something who was a BG. She was sort of the outcast of the family - until she married an older Frenchman. He set up a travel agency in Chiang Mai and they did quite well. The Froggie is now deceased, but his Mrs still runs the travel agency - and everyone seems to have forgotten about her shady days.

Biggest problem with most working girls is that they get used to making such big money for almost no work. Not many want to give it up for a low paying job that actually does require some serious work. Three of my friends paid to educate their favourite BG in a trade - one a seamstress and two as hairdressers. But for the hours they put in, the money seems so little that all three gals went back to the bars. On the positive side, they do have something to do when they get too old for the bars.

Archived