Chances of BG getting out of the scene ?

gobbledonk

View any money you spend as a gift. If you can't afford to lose it, don't spend it. If you can, do what you want.

This actually holds true for probably most Thais, BG or not. You can loan small amounts of money to Thais and expect to have it repaid. Any large sum ... there is no way a Thai can pay it back, so they just don't. This especially goes for in-laws. :(

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Drogon,

Thanks for your insight, you are quite right.

Let me add to this (living in an Isaan village far from any town) that the villages are full with permanent and semi-permanent farangs living with mainly ex-BG's - not far from the 100% ex-BG mark, around 20 of them in a 10km radius from my place.

All of them built/bought/renovated houses from anywhere between 200k to 5 million baht, some live on 20k, most on 40k to 60k, a few can spent more.

We farangs are not jealous of each other, but the women are, that is so weird in this culture.

But some farangs lost it. One month ago a guy married his ex-BG, paid a 500k Baht sin sot plus 10 baht gold and is building a house in the village. I am being looked down upon because of this guy :susel:

You would be surprised at the numbers of farangs with ex-BG's hidden in the Isaan villages

Yes, thanks, this is why I did not do it yet.....

Drogon again,

I waited 4 years before beginning to spent real money, making sure the money had good chances to be wisely spent.

In 7 years living here I spent 7 million Baht on cost of living plus house plus car. It's not too bad: I have a nice place to live in, carefully chosing how and where (in the boondocks as I wished) I know I can lose it all tomorrow But I think it was well spent enjoying life at the max.

I have a plan B (an other place to live and steady sufficient revenues) in case our relationship would go tits-up. That would be difficult for her to sustain: a house and a car and no income. Her only option would be to "work bar" again to find an other idiot, but time is running out for her. For me also but in a different way :wanker:

As I mentionned before "far away" relationships are in danger and you are in such a situation.

Be careful out there man :eek:

"...OK, I'm not personally going to try to rescue either of the two girls I'd like to see leave the 'industry' before its too late..."

Great, White Knight syndrome.

"...Both girls are fiercely independent, expressing no desire to leave..."

Then DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME! People will not quit something unless they want to.

"...and both are being heavily milked by their beloved families, but neither seems overly concerned about her 'future'. At 27 and 35 respectively, neither girl has a lot of years to save the kind of money that I suspect they will need if they return to their villages..."

So their problems will continue no matter what, unless they have the brains and skills to run a business, and make the money they feel is needed (THERE IS NEVER ENOUGH!), then they will not be able to pull it off, again, if they don't want to quit, they won't.

"...Yeah, I know - its not for the Farang to intervene in their lives etc..."

Then why are you bothering? You will become their sponsor, they will keep doing as they do, and will be no better off, especially since THEY DON'T WANT TO QUIT!

"...any feedback most welcome..."

Why? you will ignore it anyway, and do as you wish.

Never mind the success stories guys have posted, the single biggest part of that is, the girls probably wanted to quit, and had the skills and sponsors needed to succeed. Not the case as you have reported. Save your time and money and your heart/head aches.

OH, as you say a girl will only quit if she actually wants too and no use trying to "rescue" those that don't. I also feel that those that demand a certain amount of money for them to quit have only a desire to enrich themselves rather than a genuine desire to quit IMHO?

Simie.

Buffalo_bill: The problem is the following

- Mainly the fact that is is very difficult for me to get attached to a woman for an extended time as I always relied on myself and always refused any convention or being taught what to do by anyone.

- Most girls I dated in Europe get boring

- The first and worst "heartbreak" I had was with a girl in Europe and she ripped me off the car I paid

- I came to realize since I arrived in Spain that the girls interested in me are more interested by my position in the company, my "social status" and which gift/lifestyle they could get with me

-> not different form their sisters in LOS.

(and the relation with the only BG I fell for did no begin with sex or money)

- Last, I am no longer physically attracted by women in the western world in general, of course some are really beautiful but no way I can be as sexually attracted by them as when with their Asian counterparts.

(and I am talking regular girls and prostitutes

as I have been mongering for some time in Europe)

In conclusion: Why I am on the highway?

Because I never met a woman so indendent, strong willed and attractive, she is the only one to call me doggie because in her eyes I am her good dog

-> we could say that I met a woman who is able to

juggle my crazy and independent side.

I agree that this is a bit insane.

Do whatever you feel is best but the botom liine is you are probably being played like a fish.

There are so many hot college educated regular business situation TGs that even a still handsome but late 40s guy like me can score why bother with anyone that is not of your social class???THERE I said it :stirthepo -Because thats the way Thais think...AND SO DO i!

As my best Thai friend said many years ago and he is at the top of the food chain... THE VERY TOP-

Dont give her your money(support her) she is just for fun-

Enough from the bleachers right OH? and pulees let us kow how it works :smirk: :smirk:

When I was in Pattaya last year hanging out with CT he introduced me to a former go-go dancer turned business woman. This girl was a real stunner and still young; now owns about four 7-11 type stores in Pattaya drives a brand new SUV. All paid for by gogo action. Don't know about sponsers but she is doing very well. She went out partying with us one night lots of fun.

S1

S1

Met the same girl, same situation, with CT last year. Had dinner at Mantra....

Great girl, great company and from what CT said, just a platonic relationship ( :grinyes::dunno::grinyes: )....but don't think it was all paid for from Go Go action.....understand from CT's comments that the "house" alone was 7 zeros and there is definitely a sponsor involved.

Lucky girl

Cheers DS

Archived