Swan Dive

Coss

Guess it could be one of us jumping somewhere, no matter if in sin city or BKK or home.......

Having a classmate who committed suicide I must admit that I still sometimes wonder if it was not partly my fault.

This young girl was once a girlfriend, then we parted and she found someone else, in the meantime her parents divorced.

One day the school's principal came to our classroom (we noticed she was not there but could have been ill as well or simply late) and told us she had been found hanged in her bedroom....

Only thing she left was a letter.

Your post made me think back to her and this wa such a waste for her to throw up her life.

She was lovely, bright, funny and none of us spotted any sign.

In such a case I find it more sad that a 16 years old girl finds the courage to kill herself than if a 50 years old foreigner jumping from a balcony having found that his teerak was not the angel he thought, still a sad event but at least he lived his life.......not this youg girl.

Her name was Jessica.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

when it comes to middle aged hetero men............ if another one drops off the planet, does any one notice?

Mate, I couldnt agree more. Sixty Minutes recently reported on a drug that you can buy in Mexico that will allow people to punch their own ticket painlessly - its the stuff Vets use to put pets to sleep - and I remember thinking how infinitely preferable that approach is to the carnage of most suicides. At 49, I have to ask myself what role I serve beyond eat-sleep-work etc : I believe most board members will know what I'm on about. I read that your perspective changes somewhere around 55, and that coincides nicely with the age at which I can collect my Super, so it's grit-your-teeth-and -tough-it-out time :smirk:

I went back to Asia in April in the hope that it would put this midlife crisis thing in some kind of perspective, and I believe that it has (at least for now). Even removing P4P from the equation, Asia is a mind-blower and I'm still coming down from the madness in KL and BKK : how the hell expats work in the CBD of either city on a daily basis escapes me, but it drove home how good I have it here in FNQ. Suddenly work-eat-sleep doesnt seem like such an ordeal.

Keep the faith.

Artie

when it comes to middle aged hetero men............ if another one drops off the planet, does any one notice?

Mate, I couldnt agree more. Sixty Minutes recently reported on a drug that you can buy in Mexico that will allow people to punch their own ticket painlessly - its the stuff Vets use to put pets to sleep - and I remember thinking how infinitely preferable that approach is to the carnage of most suicides. At 49, I have to ask myself what role I serve beyond eat-sleep-work etc : I believe most board members will know what I'm on about. I read that your perspective changes somewhere around 55, and that coincides nicely with the age at which I can collect my Super, so it's grit-your-teeth-and -tough-it-out time :smirk:

I went back to Asia in April in the hope that it would put this midlife crisis thing in some kind of perspective, and I believe that it has (at least for now). Even removing P4P from the equation, Asia is a mind-blower and I'm still coming down from the madness in KL and BKK : how the hell expats work in the CBD of either city on a daily basis escapes me, but it drove home how good I have it here in FNQ. Suddenly work-eat-sleep doesnt seem like such an ordeal.

Are you my doppleganger?

Cheers

Coss

Archived