Taxi mafia extends to Nana, Soi Cowboy

Neo

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes munchie but he did not specify where on soi 23

(let me guess: SC?) and where on soi 19.

As well, if I stand at the Davis hotel and want to go to let's say town lodge, I just have to walk to admiral suites, take the small road which passes along bally studios then ends up on soi 20

-> take the small road which connects soi 20 to soi 18.

All in all, 7-10 minutes walk. But when it is really hot even that is too much (I hate taking 5 showers a day, 3 is fine)

All depends where you are, where you have to go and the best way to go there...

:beer:

That is right. The role is never use the Taxi is parked in street and waiting for customers. After Soi Cowboy closed have you seen how many Taxi parked there with no customers? You do not see as many by Nana.

One time there Taxi ask for 100 Baht and I open my phoen to call police then he run away. But it is true all you see there Taxi Mafia which they all work together and see them sometimes fighting with other Taxis which do not suppose to be there. My understanding is they pay the local police to park there.

Never use a Taxi is parked. Better chance is to stop the Taxi is driving in Soi.

what would you have said to police and do you think they would come if a farang complain about a taxi asking for 100 THB?

he just run for another customer who wants to go back to the hotel fast and does not want to argue about 3 usd...

I agree about not hailing a parked taxi, but that is just not good enough at cowboy and nana anymore. The ones rolling by are mostly refusing to use their meter. Apparently word is out that farangs just pay the 100 without complaint so they are circling those two areas like vultures.

What you think of Pattaya until year ago were asking 40 to 50 Baht and at late night 100 Baht. Now asking for 150 Baht day time and 200 Baht sometimes at night time.

I do agree Police do nothing since they getting paid by them but I did try since I was mad. But for some reason he start his car and left.

Even using Taxi at MBK. They do let you get in but just after you get on Taxi and driving away then he ask you do not want use the meter. Then you have to get off and walk back to MBK Taxi stand and wait for another Taxi.

Archived