Taxi mafia extends to Nana, Soi Cowboy

Neo

This year I have noticed it is becoming difficult to find taxis around the entrances of Nana and Soi Cowboy that will use their meter. Before it was a no brainer; hop in and tell them where you are going. I have about a 60 baht run from those places and usually get quoted 100. Sometimes I have had to wave by a half dozen taxi's to find an honest one. And some taxis don't want to go where I am even though it is smack in the middle of the city on a major road. Getting a taxi at Nana and Cowboy is now more difficult than Patpong which has the easy work around of catching one on the other side of the road.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

taxis not willing to go by meter and quoting crazy prices are everywhere in front of hotels, tourist spots etc. same exists in other countries like China, Malaysia etc.

walk a couple of meters, flag down one or speak thai to them...

Only had once a taxi not putting the meter...

but was so horny that I did not care enough to tell hin in Thai to start is dam meter, my mouth was anyway busy so could not speak so to say.

:neener::beer::grinyes:

(and no I was not giving a blowjob)

:grin:

Maybe 7 or 8 years ago I gave up on Soi Cowboy taxis in ambush. They'd flat out refuse to take me where I live! Always wander out and flag down a moving taxi. I asked some regular drivers about the Nana and Cowboy taxis. They told me the drivers there wait to charge folks 100 baht to go to their nearby hotel, which is probably within the 35 baht fare. They can make maybe 4 or 5 of those trips a night.

Archived