Do you use internet telephony?

tartempion

Guest lazyphil

http://www.orange.co.uk/time/livebox/destination_list.htm

i use the above for all landine uk 01/02 numbers and orange mobiles and 30 international landlines, was 100, they got stingy. my BT bill is zero now i never use it but i have to rent the bloody line to use the internet. but i pay direct debit and went paper free billing so make savings on that. the livebox is 5 pound a month unlimited usage. my orange mobile is 30 a month with 'free' internet.....i always have loads of texts and minutes left over every month.....but dont get carried over, i'm sure they're making a ton of money out of me, at least those over charging vultures at BT dont anymore!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's his MASTERS THESIS!!!! I'd have assumed he'd know a little more ;)

Funny you say this :neener:

Note he worked 4 years as a telecoms engineer installing VOIP switches (hard- and software)in strange places like Afganistan.

SIAM university made him abandon several subjects for thesis es all in the technology domain, his earlier subject were judged "too business oriented" and he was ordered to make something more "academic"

I guess he is getting bored doing his thesis all over again for the third time and he wants to get it over and done.

I do believe a questionnaire like that doesn't bring much to the world. Are these guys at universities connected with the real world?

All professors are highly respected farangs who fly in/out weekly to provide their knowledge to the students :shhh:

I'll pass on your comments on the TAT and CAT monopoly who blocked the introduction of VOIP for enough years (remember the NCC commission which took an eternity to get established way beyond their WTO due date) enabling CAT and TOT to install Cisco hardware (if my memory has this right) blocking all competition. ISP's were threatened with shutdown if they would allow any internet shop customer to use a microphone.

Then when they had it all in place they announced proudly 008 and 009 VOIP prefixes :cussing:

I guess there is little relevance for this in his study.

Myself I use Voipdiscount, costs 12 euro/180 days, free calls between landlines Thailand-Europe, free also to Thailand mobiles, not the other way round.

He does know all that, we discussed the possbilities of running a VOIP business out of LOS early 2000 but gave up discovering the telecoms monopoly and locking run by CAT

No need to pass on - we know "them" very well :)

I remember "a company" selling to True (under their old name) and TOT and CAT VOIP gear :) - while it was "Grey" to do so :) I know the market here very well hence the name CTO ;)

It wasn't illegal to use VOIP in 2000 - was illegal to make $ doing so - hence the "Grey" area.

That all said he shouldn't have left off calling cards nor using mobile phones with prefixs to route to IP Gateways.

A few other guys on this board know the VOIP market here intimately - hard to make $ though.

Sorry Mekong - when I saw your post it only said "Removed duplicate post"

Wasn;t meaning to be rude

Samak agree totally one of my engineers put of doing her asters for two years as she was learning more with us about breaking edge technologies than any uni.

S

Archived