Watch that dress!

Flashermac

THE NATION

15 May 2008

University says no more pyjamas in lecture rooms, bans short skirts, tight blouses

Thammasat University students at the Rangsit campus who regularly wear pyjamas to lecture rooms will soon find their liberty limited after a new dress code becomes effective.

The dress code will also restrict all types of casual wear worn by male or female students that are deemed inappropriate, although they have been allowed in lecture rooms at the Rangsit campus.

All students at the old Sanam Luang campus are required to wear uniforms during lectures on weekdays and may wear casual clothes in certain classes during the weekend.

Casual dress is allowed under a long leniency period for students at Rangsit campus, where dormitories are provided for them, but the restrictions were needed because, according to deputy rector Parinya Thewanaruemitkul, the freedom of dress code "had long been overexploited".

Tight blouses and short skirts were unconditionally banned in both campuses, he said. Other clothes to be forbidden include revealing or too tight or sleeveless blouses or T-shirts. Shorts or skirts too high above knee level will be banned, while males must not wear shorts above the knee, pyjamas, sleeveless shirts to lecture rooms or entering the premises.

Netwinon Thnaprarn-sing, a Faculty of Science and Technology senior, said that in her sophomore year, she usually dressed casually instead of wearing a uniform. "Sometimes, I've seen students wearing tank-tops and shorts. But I agree with this new rule. It's suitable."

Sirinart Srisutphikul, a senior law student, said probably 70 per cent of students dress in casual styles. "Lecturers don't require us to dress in uniform. But it's about what is respectful." He said the dress code has always been like this. "If we don't dress politely, we are not allowed in libraries or have administrative contact with the university..."

:cussing::cussing::cussing:

Old Hippie said [color:red]"I love the short skirts and tight blouses... "[/color]

All I can say is "I will volunteer my valuable time to check to make sure the skirts and blouses are not too tight. And if I find violators, I will do my duty and remove the offending clothing from the person".

In the manner of fairness, I will let Old Hippie help me.

Time to dig out some pics from my HD to post in the secret section of the board. :)

<< I love the short skirts and tight blouses... >>

I'm sure you look lovely in them, OH. But I still can't see them hiring you to dance at the Magic Table.

:shocked:

Archived