Euro 50 bht yes

drogon

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok - XE has the Pacific Peso at 30.58 to the baht, so I might get 28 at an exchange. My '5 day holiday' has a budget of 200 AUD a day, comes to around 4600, so thats 4000 for beer/sex and 600 for food - sweet ! After that, things have to get a little more sane, but you guys wouldnt begrudge me 5 nights in Disneyland, would you ? Guys ?

Ok - XE has the Pacific Peso at 30.58 to the baht, so I might get 28 at an exchange. My '5 day holiday' has a budget of 200 AUD a day, comes to around 4600, so thats 4000 for beer/sex and 600 for food - sweet ! After that, things have to get a little more sane, but you guys wouldnt begrudge me 5 nights in Disneyland, would you ? Guys ?

Think you might need to learn to use a calculater before you learn Thai....LOL

200@ 28 = 5600

200@ 30.58 = 6116

....or were you deducting 1000 for your "loom" first....55555555

Good money changer in sub soi off Soi 22....shop house....always use him and get usually .2 or .25 better than banks

I think Cav posted details of the same place some time back....I can get there blind (folded)....but don't know the name of the sub soi....

Cav...can you help out????

if they're quoting 30.58, that's what you should get....don't take 28.....the difference is a BF.....or Food!!!!!!

Enjoy your adventure....you dirty filthy rotton LUCKY bastard....lol :grinyes::neener::neener::grinyes:

Cheers DS

XE, like Oanda, show the interbank rate. He'll never get that.

OK, my woeful arithmetic aside, what *will* I get for a dollar at a money changer in LOS ? There were variations between the banks and dudes running their own operations, but I seem to remember that the price they buy and sell at are always a world apart (much more than the figures on the site SD referred me to) - for obvious reasons.

I should have kept a couple of the receipts, but after they take their cut, I distinctly remember losing a couple of baht per dollar against the 'official' rate (I was in Thailand, so I assume it was the onshore rate). SD, does that chart mean that I can walk into a branch of Bangkok Bank today and get 30.01 baht for every dollar I hand over ? If it does, then things are looking pretty rosy, at least till Drogon's predicted correction kicks in.

PS DSoda, I *was* three sheets to the wind (workmates farewelled me, I came home and logged into the board - bizarre set of priorities, man) when I did my, ahem, calculation, and I ran out of fingers. Very embarrassing, so we just wont mention this to any of the other board members, OK ? :smirk:

Archived