Euro 50 bht yes

drogon

Ok GD...it's a deal...lol

Just "our" little secret....no probs...5555

Do a search for the money changer I mentioned....always a top rate from him ..and nice family as well...

If you can pull 30+ to AUD, I'd grab a bunch of it, cos fluctuations over the past year or so have seen it between 27.6 - 31 from my experience.

Will allow you to keep away when it drops for a while..(which it will do now and again)

Have a ball mate.... How many hours to go now???

LOL

Cheers DS

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not quite to the point of counting down the hours yet, DS, but it will be interesting to see the sell price on the baht here in Cairns - I think some of the money exchanges are open today. I can safely predict that their version of the offshore rate will be significantly below 30. Luckily, I was forlornly unpacking my gear after the April trip and found two 500 baht notes stashed away for a rainy day - amazing how that has lifted my spirits. Now, if I can just find my trousers ...

Cheers

Gobble

SD, does that chart mean that I can walk into a branch of Bangkok Bank today and get 30.01 baht for every dollar I hand over?

Yes. That's the rate at any BBL branch at the given moment. It is usually updated twice a day.

BTW, I do not find "world's of difference" between the independent forex places and the banks. Not enough to bother about unless you are changing more than say, US$750 or more at any one time.

Cheers,

SD

Maybe they have changed the system now, but I stopped using thai banks for changing years ago as they wanted to have copies of every number of the banknotes and a copy of the photopage from the passport, all with my signture.

So I use exchange booths paying extra at least half way up to the selling rate of the banks.

C'mon Drogon - the jig is up, mate - OH has realised we are one and the same person, so its futile to answer the 'other' guys posts. Lets just go back to arguing over what to watch on telly tonight, like any good set of multiple personalities.

Later 'Bro',

Gobble

Archived