USA sniper uses Quran 'for target practice'

Bangkoktraveler

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I guess it's confusing being a sniper. You're there to kill right? From a distance. So you only have your own judgment to depend on and one raghead looks much like another. I'll look for a link if you like but I read recently that those guys are under quite a bit of pressure to get the kill rate up. I guess that's what I mean by attitude....it's from the top down.

Or maybe this guy just missed the 'cultural sensitivity' course. :dunno:

Yea. Amazing thing freedom, isn't it?

I love freedom and am constantly amazed by its power but when the government takes a cut of my pay by threat of force and then gives my money to some "artist" that is not exactly what I call freedom (although I understand that some fair-minded folks have a different opinion than I do regarding whether the government should be funding "art").

Guest lazyphil

taliban blew up buddha statues in afghanistan, did muslims make a hue and cry over that?....naw did they fuck. mind u buddhists have been harrassing and doing the conquest thing in the muslim world for a long time.

The raw story looks like facts, not propaganda. From reading the court data, there is no question that soldiers deliberately planted weapons so they could gun down the first person walking by who picks them up. It seems this practice is not isolated to just them. The question is how high up this practice has support.

It is strange to see we have to kiss the koran and make up to them for target practice on a koran, what a disgrace! Wasn't the excuse why we are there is we are bringing them freedom? If so, putting bullet holes in whatever we want is a good demonstration of what it means. But since this is such a good example that even the DOD recognizes Iraq does not want the freedom we are trying to give them, then what are we doing there?

Archived