USA sniper uses Quran 'for target practice'

Bangkoktraveler

Hi,

"taliban blew up buddha statues in afghanistan, did muslims make a hue and cry over that?"

Fully agree! The muslim world has a serious tendency of using double standards. And even worse is that the Western governments fall all over themselves to let them get away with it.

Sanuk!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We already did...we are in a mess... extraordinary rendition...torture.....prison without trial or even charges! The list goes on...America sunk to the same level a while back.

I have not seen any public executions of US citizens or destruction of ancient works of art. And my GF can walk around in a bathing suit and if any one hits her with a rock the cops will help.

Is that the level of which you speak?

We already did...we are in a mess... extraordinary rendition...torture.....prison without trial or even charges! The list goes on...America sunk to the same level a while back.

I have not seen any public executions of US citizens or destruction of ancient works of art. And my GF can walk around in a bathing suit and if any one hits her with a rock the cops will help.

Yes' date=' of course you are correct as far as you went. But it does not make up for the shit Fausty listed.

Cheers,

SD -- hates the "at least we're better than Hitler" version of America: much prefers the "we are the shining beacon" version (when it was true, not just truthiness)

Yes, of course you are correct as far as you went. But it does not make up for the shit Fausty listed.

Faust claimed we were at the "same level" as the Taliban. We are not anywhere close, as Corinthian's reply demonstrated.

It is no defense to leftist lies to subsequently insist that the U.S. is imperfect (which is something no one denies).

Leftist lies exist for a reason. Better that they should not exist.

Faust claimed we were at the "same level" as the Taliban. We are not anywhere close, as Corinthian's reply demonstrated.

Exactly the "at least we are not as bad a Hitler" argument I so detest. Why do you settle for mediocrity when the USA is supposed to be the best? Traitor -- and I hope that is insulting to you cuz that's how I feel when some pussified chickenhawk calls me unpatriotic.

Regards,

SD

Many states execute...maybe it's not that 'public'...but executions exist...and there's the odd rape and murder of Iraqi families by rogue elements...plus all the other stuff, which will no doubt come out over time...the unknown unknowns as 'someone' was fond of saying...

America has sunk to lows I never thought I'd see...Guantanamo Bay and Agu Graib being 2 fine examples. Totally ignoring the Geneva convention on prisoners of war being another...a Wiki quote

"The treatment of prisoners who do not fall into the categories described in Article 4 has led to the current controversy regarding the interpretation of "unlawful combatants" by the George W. Bush administration. The assumption that such a category as unlawful combatant exists is contradicted by the findings by the International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia in the Celebici Judgment. The judgement quoted the 1958 ICRC commentary on the Fourth Geneva Convention: Every person in enemy hands must be either a prisoner of war and, as such, be covered by the Third Convention; or a civilian covered by the Fourth Convention. Furthermore, "There is no intermediate status; nobody in enemy hands can be outside the law,"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_Geneva_Convention

More interesting manipulations here....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unlawful_combatant

So ignoring such horrendous abuses as destroying works of art, the US has ignored international law, admitted to extraordinary rendition (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extraordinary_rendition_by_the_United_States) and has acted in an 'unlawful' manner in many regards.

Sure the muslims are total dog shite, but why be like them, when you are supposed to be better than them??

Archived