Obama claims Uncle helped liberate Auschwitz.... Huh?

TheCorinthian

<< p.s. At least Obie didn't say he'd been there HIMSELF, as Ms Hillsie would have done.

:D

Speaking of Ms Hillsie:

"Senator Hillary Clinton was invited to address a major gathering of the American Indian Nation two weeks ago in upper New York state. She spoke for almost an hour on her future plans for increasing every Native American's present standard of living, should she one day become the first female President. She referred to her career as a New York Senator, how she had signed "YES" for every Indian issue that came to her desk for approval.

Although the Senator was vague on the details of her plan, she seemed most enthusiastic about her future ideas for helping her "red sisters and brothers".

At the conclusion of her speech, the Tribes presented the Senator with a plaque inscribed with her new Indian name - Walking Eagle. The proud Senator then departed in her motorcade, waving to the crowds. A news reporter later inquired to the group of chiefs of how they come to select the new name given to the Senator.

They explained that Walking Eagle is the name given to a bird so full of shit it can no longer fly." :smirk:

HH

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pretty sure none of his ancestors served in the Soviet Army, but I guess I could be wrong.

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2008/05/26/politics/fromtheroad/entry4127479.shtml

Anyone know when any american personnel got to there?

Apparently, the Republicans are trying to make political hay out of Auschwitz. Well, last week was Hitler, so why am I surprised.

Yesterday, Obama mentioned that his uncle, Charlie Payne, helped to liberate the Nazi concentration camp at Auschwitz. The Republicans were hoping that they could catch Obama lying -- that maybe Obama never had an uncle who helped liberate the Jews in Europe. Well, in fact, Obama's uncle (his grandmother's brother) helped liberate the Nazi camp at Buchenwald (Obama mixed up Auschwitz and Buchenwald).

So the Republicans are trying to allege...what exactly? Hugh, Roguey, can ya clue me in here? That Obama's family did in fact help save the Jews in Europe, but Obama got the name of the camp he liberated wrong? Okay, BFD. I'm not quite sure how that gives us any insight into Obama (other than his uncle is a hero) -- I don't really know the differences between Auschwitz, Buchenwald, Bergen Belsen and the rest of the camps. I just know that I'd be damn proud if a member of my family helped liberate them.

Not to mention, according to the US Holocaust Museum, Obama's uncle's Infantry Division didn't just liberate one of the camps that made up Buchenwald. It was the first Nazi concentration camp liberated by US troops in all of Germany.

Cheers,

SD

Well-written essay.

I'm surprised to see you say that. I disagreed with that post in almost every particular and felt it betrayed a complete lack of independent thought and true knowledge of America. Oh well.

Sadly it is spot on, and easy to see that from the outside looking in...

Denying it and hiding your head in the sand will not fix the problems.

Cheers,

SD

The Republicans were hoping that they could catch Obama lying -- that maybe Obama never had an uncle who helped liberate the Jews in Europe.

Bambi is lying. His momma was an only child. Whatever uncles Bambi has were likely polygamist alcoholic Marxist Muslim goatherds like his daddy was.

Well, in fact, Obama's uncle (his grandmother's brother) helped liberate the Nazi camp at Buchenwald (Obama mixed up Auschwitz and Buchenwald).

In English that is his great-uncle or granduncle. Please stay tuned for the details on this man's service which at the moment seems likely to have been in the U.S. Navy, probably off in the Pacific somewhere.

[

So the Republicans are trying to allege...what exactly? Hugh, Roguey, can ya clue me in here?

Cheers,

SD

See my post above. Merely an opinion, of course.

BTW, walking into an unguarded concentration camp isn't exactly Audie Murphy stuff. :smirk:

HH

"The poorer got poorer in the last decade, the middle class is going down, civil rights were reduced, workers rights were reduced, consumers rights were reduced, environmental laws were reduced, e.g.. But the rich got much much richer and the major companies received more power by deregulating the markets and softened controls, they even seem to write the laws today and became part of the government. "

Kamui,

This is beautiful,like one of the last paradises on earth.

Dullnight, wish he was american (although a burma fan)

Archived