re DVDS!!!!!

keith doug

I've not bought in several months, but back then it was B70/ea. Maybe different now :dunno: .

If you are looking for him, just pop into any Washington Square or Queen's Park Plaza bar and ask the gals there if they can call DVD Jack. He knows everybody, and slips the girls a DVD or two commission for telling him about customers, so they are happy to help.

Cheers,

SD

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of you have a lot of DVDs. But it seems that my query wasn't clear.

What I mean by "home" is outside of Asia--> buying in LOS and taking them to another continent.

I've tried that before and they won't work because the DVDs are from a different region and not compatible with the domestic DVD playback machine. :(

Does anyone know a way around this, short of buying a DVD player in LOS?

I bought a bose home theater system and the control box has a DVD built in. I've been told that if there are 7 regions in the world. Most DVD players are set for the region in which they are sold, which means DVD's bought outside of that region may not work in that unit. When I bought my bose system, I asked the person that I was buying it from to make it "region free." Maybe you can take your DVD player to a repair shop and have them do the same.

Most DVD players are available chipped to become multi region, which covers most eventualities. Also many of the machines from the smaller manufacturers can be changed to multi region by a series of commands using the remote.

However when RCE was included on some discs they would play on some multi region players but not others. Having said that I have no experience of pirated DVD's, but wouldn't expect any problem.

I have an Arcam machine that can be set with the remote control to multi region or any specific region, however I have yet to find a disc which won't play on it when it is in multi region.

the DVD players in the UK are mostly multi-region,never had a problem playing DVD's bought in Asia or the US.

i have a website which lists a LOT od DVD Players and how to change them to multi-region.

used it in the US to change my Uncles DVD Player to multi-region and he has never had a problem watching anything i send from the UK,wether it be pre-recorded or something i have copied to DVD.

When I bought my laptop 3 years ago in the US, the manual stated that it automatically adjusted for regional standards but would only allow 5 changes and lock on the last one.

I have only used DVD's purchased in Thailand so I haven't been locked yet but it could happen.

There is probably a workaround out on the net somewhere.

Archived