re DVDS!!!!!

keith doug

Same often applies for English subs. Even if the pic quality is 100% and the movie has been out for some time, the pirated copies still have crap subs. So if anybody knows place/shop selling DVD master copies with good subs would be great.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have over 800 that i have bought over the years and they are all good.

I have been going to the same shop, same lady selling them, for 6 ~ 7 years, so no games and if the quality is poor, she tells me up front.

If you buy them on the street, then you might get some garbage.

I get mine from Jack, a Thai guy who will bring his bag of DVD goodies to a bar I specifiy (usually Silver Dollar in Washington Square) that he can make it to. He gives me a time window where he can get there. I plan for that window and get to look through hundreds of DVDs. If one doesn't work, I can bring it back next time I see him and get a new one. Good prices if you buy in quantity as I do (usually 20 at a time).

Best way to do it. Look 'em over drinking a beer with mates, and all the mates usually have a look and buy some off him as well, so it is profitable for him too.

All the dvds I bought from him I think 2 haven't worked. I've bought 100 or more from him so far. Will call him later this month when I get back down to Bangkok. :thumbup: :)

SD and DS put me onto him I believe. Nice guy Jack is, and he has a LOT of dvds usually, many newer ones and lots of good older ones that I never usually see in the stores, shops, or street stalls.

Cent

Archived