I'll stick with the working girls - cheaper..

gobbledonk

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and many of the Falang who travel to Isaan in search of happiness pay a significantly higher price than I have.

Really???

None of the farangs I know of who live around here in Isaan are such spenders (compared to the craziness you are performing here)

Checking my account transfers to Isaan I spent around six million baht in six years, this including a 2.5 million house and 750K car, the rest is cost of living (30k/month): food, electricity, clothing, petrol, internet & telephone, beer & restaurants.

I never buy booze for the family, gave a few presents (an old motorbike, a water pump, a new roof for the buffaloes) the gf gives some money from time to time (100B bills, seldom 500B)

Invited the family once in 6 years to a Korean bbq ,they did not like it and refuse my sporadic invitations :thumbup:

Oh, we lent them 30k for a Kubota tractor one year ago and were reimbursed 10k a few months ago.

I find my daily BJ and f*ck not to be that expensive: 6*300/6milion+3k333B/day, car, lodging food and washing inclusive :neener:

Good for you Tartempion.

-> could Korean BBQ be a deterrent to having the relatives "swarm" around you?

:neener::beer:

GD said foreigners (newbie in this case) who travel to Isaan might end up paying a lot.

I do not think he was referring to foreigners living there who are already established like you are?

Hey I would love to introduce you to a Kiwi acquaintance of mine. When he goes to the in-laws he smuggles a crate of 12 bottle of Laos whiskey across the Mekong for something ridiculously cheap like 200 baht (could be wrong but no more than 500 baht). I think he knows a friend that can sell him livestock at the Thai price - he really does have the whole thing worked out. Spends his money like a Thai, or should I say an Isaan farmer might.

BTW, I would love to know the breakdown of that 150K too, unless it was the sheer weight of numbers that were pressing on your pocketbook (how many were there???), I fail to see how you managed it. Did you gift the cheeky nephews a Fino motorbike each? I know I'll pay dearly for some peace and quiet to enjoy a beer in peace alone - once I considered buying a certain someone a motorbike just so I could have a few hours of peace! MUCH, much more expensive than the working girls eh?

dear Drogon,

Gd was referring to "farangs in search of happiness"

I know plenty of them around here, including myself.

As for farangs on an Isaan trip inviting the family, ok, never heard of anyone paying more than 2k. You know the average thai restaurant? No need to hit The Oriental's Terrace, there's no such thing in all of Isaan anyway :cool:

Strangely enough the farang horror stories seem to be concentrated around Bangkok and Patters.

I know around 100 mixted couples around Udon, none has ended dramatically (yet).

I did proudly hear of a farang idiot in the village here who paid 500k and 10 baht gold to marry a farmers daughter, what a moron! :sad:

Tartempion, I personally never heard or met a foreigner who spent that much in Isaan.

(except the occasional crazy guy paying a 3 million bht sinsot for a BG)

I am just trying to understand GD point of view and understand how he paid so much in this area.

:beer:

Cheers

Sometimes an incidental splurge is no problem, but my memory of shouting a 12 member family goup to a big meal on the edge of the river in Nakhon Phanom was something like 850 Bt, and everyone was very full. Can't see how you could blow 150 K in a week in isan.

Hope you had fun, we do expect a more detailed report though, after all the prepration on this board, I think we deserve more that the opening post in this thread. Come on Gobble, start writing.

Archived