I'll stick with the working girls - cheaper..

gobbledonk

Very good advise indeed.

A Thai woman who really loves you/cares about you will protect you (and your wallet) from the leechers.

Though this is just because she hopes that your money will be spent on her (and your couple).

:beer:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi All,

Firstly, thanks for the feedback - surprisingly positive, given that I bared my butt and said 'kick here' with my OP :smirk:

I'm still stunned by the number too, but it was mostly BKK - Isaan probably only accounted for about 60K or so ...

It wasnt all pissed away - I have some clothes and aftershave from Robinson in UT, and I'm sure I paid too mutt, but it was instructive when I asked GTG (more on that later) to pick any camera under 10K and I'd make that my gift to her for her hospitality. After what seemed like the debate that lead to the Declaration of Independence (aided by two of the cutest shop assistants I have ever seen - Gobble drooling and losing focus), she settled on the 15K Canon model, not the 10K Canon I recommended. How can you look into those eyes and say 'No way !' ? The only other gift was AUD 200 when she told me she is flying to Melbourne (!) next week, but everything else just added up. From memory, it went something like this:

Flights - 5K

Accomm - 5K

Car Hire - 3K for 3 days

Fuel - 1.5K

Food and Drink - 15-20K

Movies and assorted crap - 2K

Add in the 21K the camera and Aussie dollars come to, and not hard to see where the money went. The camera was an extravagant gift, IMO, but I lost all concentration when they started taking photos of those two honeys behind the counter. Final night at the disco saw us saddled with an 1100 baht bottle of Johnny Walker Red which we 'owned' from the time it hit the table - gave the 3/4 full bottle to her brother-in-law, and he thanked me by saying he prefers JW Black. Great stuff.

End of the day, there was no sinsot, no water buffalo repair plan and I've told her that she will do fine in Oz without my help. Jesus, some horny kitchenhand in a Thai restaurant in Carlton is probably leaping about with glee as I type this . I do like this girl, but our paths are diverging - add in the fact that she can barely read English much less write it, and its time to head to the airport for 'Bye Bye Baby'. The search goes on for Gobble :content:

Hi,

All seems fairly reasonable, except for this one:

Food and Drink - 15-20K

If this was in 3 days (assumption based on car hire, so could easily be wrong), that means an average of 5-7K / day in food & drink. How many people were you feeding?

Sanuk!

Addendum - if I blew 50-60K in Isaan over 3 days, where did the rest of the 150K figure come from ?

Guys, I don't think I have hit the hay before 3am since I got here, and rarely with less than 2 girls. The receptionist here laughed out loud when confronted with 3 smiling Khmer faces (God, I *love* those features) last night, and they all need 'supplies' : somehow, Gobble ends up carrying the big bottles of Heineken they so thoughtfully stack up for me. Throw in a few personal items, and 7/11 are happy to add several hundred baht to their till. The worst of the damage seems to happen when I am in party mode late at night, and anywhere up to 5 girls are enjoying a beer (or a Bacardi Breezer ..) at my expense : I keep telling myself that they are only 80baht each, so whats the harm ? The harm is that 5 or 6 rounds at 800 baht a pop soon adds up. 4 20K days in a row is too easy when you start doing something this dumb, and my sober side tells me its time to stop. Trips to Cowboy have left me reeling at the impact ladydrinks (or rather the little shooters they have with them..) can have on my wallet, and its interesting to see how quickly the welcome wears out when you say that you will only buy a ladydrink for the girl you are negotiation with - pathetic, IMO, but there you go. All they have to do is smile and move on to another customer, not pout and behave like children - YMMV.

Upside is that no-one has stolen from me and I have met some really sterling performers at Cowboy. The 2K figure is what they will ask for, and in one case its what I am prepared to pay to be first cab off the rank - I dont particularly want a girl *after* her shift in the bar, but my attitude may change over time. The important thing is that I have to start treating the currency with the same respect the Thais do - as one taxi driver told me, he would have to work for a week to make the money many girls make in 2 hours.

Cheers,

Gobble

<>

Bust and Moi Noo are looking for Kitchen Hand jobs in Melbourne right now.

<>

If you mean after she's had a few fucks - then you miss my point. They won't particularly want you then either you stud you! ;)

Idea is you make the connections - and it's when they have NOT had a customer and hence no $ - then they'll "come and visit" for a lot less.

"After what seemed like the debate that lead to the Declaration of Independence (aided by two of the cutest shop assistants I have ever seen - Gobble drooling and losing focus), she settled on the 15K Canon model, not the 10K Canon I recommended. How can you look into those eyes and say 'No way !' ?"

Easy to see where Gobble loses the plot and his money... :stirthepo

You remind me of a 72 year young friend who married a 40 years younger Isaan beautiful bitch (she asked to divorce him now she has European residency) when we were eating at an Udon Thani restaurant withouth the females: drooling for the beatifull waitress, Oh Oh he would say any place any passable Isaan lady would pass by :o

Agree with you Gobble, recently divorced, not looking for a GTG. Just content with the couple of Freelancers I know and a couple of girls from Soi Cowboy. :) Still planning to arrive there in early July. Lots to do, :( have not gotten a retirement visa yet, made moving plans, etc. Not looking forward to the hassle of moving but eventually will make it to Bkk. Hope I can find a good cheap apt and stay within my budget, time will tell. Chok Dee!!

"...I managed to burn a bit more than that in a week too....But it was not Isaan highway but ex BKK gf

(yeah she was from bkk)..."

NO, WRONG! Nice BKK girls with creamy white skin, NEVER do this, only the ugly brown Issaarn whores (the kind I love!) from low end bars on Soi 33 do this!

Nice BKK girls with creamy white skin, NEVER do this, only the ugly brown Issaarn whores

Cmon OH - we both know that the nice BKK 'girls' you speak of are Katoeys. At least they are down here in the shallow end where I insist on wading :smirk:

Actually extended myself and spent some time on Soi 22 last night, with a couple of freelancers from Soi 4 - so laidback compared to the throng around Nana. One day, I may actually get as far as Soi 33, but why rush in when there are at least 30 or so old slappers outside Nana Hotel that havent had the pleasure of caressing my wallet. It does frighten me when I see some of them in the cold light of day, but its all good with the lights off

:clown::chili::elephant:

Thanks for the tip...

I bow to your worldly wisdom....

It's been so long since I've been "Out on the Hunt" that I've forgotten what I need to look out for...

Maybe now, next time I'm in town, I'll be a much wiser (or less Dumb) DC

Then again....

I reckon they're all the same.... doesn't matter about Colour, Provence, Shape.... or anything....EXCEPT for....SIZE....

SIZE...is the only thing that interests them & gets their full and undivided attention....

I have it on very good authority that they also highly value Thickness over length as well....

So a short thick one is highly prized and the highest "Point scorer"....

Doesn't matter if it's canvas...or pig skin...or elephant hide....or whatever....as long as it's THICK....

Basically all wallets look the same...... it's just that some are thicker than others....(to start with, that is)...but they all usually end up "Empty"....

Cheers DS

Archived