The first victims would be the Irish

Fidel

Guest lazyphil

yes our wanker government should let us vote. brown and his slimers are out soon, trouble is cameron has the backbone of a slug, hardly inspiring is he?

i know you disliked thatcher but we need someone with her zeal, maybe less troublesome but you get my point?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All my Irish colleagues (at Dublin's office) will vote yes....

-> They perfectly know that Ireland profited a lot from the EU subventions.

Sandyford business park would not exist (and provide so much jobs) if Ireland was not part of the EU.

EU is far from perfect but many countries and people forget the huge amounts of money given to their respective economies.

Spain, Portugal, Italy, Ireland all benifited a lot from it, hence their economical performance

(before the sub prime problems)

Hopefully we'll reject the treaty. Then there'll be no point in New Labour , ratifying it.

Get the Conservatives back in, then they'll ensure a referendum on the next one.

The thing is, this treaty is further empowering the unelected Euro elite. Our politicians have all become lazy bastards, because all the laws are coming from the EU nowadays, and they stand to get cushy jobs in Brussels with massive expense accounts.

Dodgy bastards.

Yes, Drogon. We have benefited from our membership of the EU. I'm pro-Europe, in so far as I believe that free trade within the union, plus the single currency etc, is a good idea.

However, this USE is being forced upon most Europeans against their will, or at least without asking the people directly.

What do the people in your Dublin office think of Sarkozy's move towards bringing in a Consolidated Corporate Tax Base?

Many MNCs are located in Ireland because of our low Corporation tax. If we sign up for Lisbon, we stand a good chance of losing this advantage.

But I suppose that's OK.

The people in your Dublin office can move to Warsaw and work for half their current salary.

Hopefully we'll reject the treaty...

The thing is, this treaty is further empowering the unelected Euro elite. Our politicians have all become lazy bastards, because all the laws are coming from the EU nowadays, and they stand to get cushy jobs in Brussels with massive expense accounts.

Just for the record I agree entirely with Fidel on this issue. (Sorry, Fidel.) However, I will be unavailable for beer drinking in Lahore on Friday regardless of the results.

Fidel also has the motivation for this travesty exactly right. This is government intended to serve the near-term financial interests of those who govern rather than providing for the long-term liberty of the governed.

Ronaldus Magnus said it best in his first inaugural address: "We are a nation that has a government - not the other way around." Lose sight of this and you risk losing control of your destiny.

Just for the record I agree entirely with Fidel on this issue. (Sorry, Fidel.) However, I will be unavailable for beer drinking in Lahore on Friday regardless of the results.

Fidel: "places head in noose"

Rogue, I think this is the area in which I am inclined to agree with US Republican/Libertarian ideology.

I don't like the idea of being told what to do by politicians who are supposed to do what we tell them to do.

Archived