Thoughts on Thai nightlife & a few questions

Sean222

"... I do feel that that scene's deteriorated somewhat over the years..."

Agreed. I blame clueless wanna be punters throwing money around.

I guess that depends on which side of the fence you're on doesn't it. The girls love those clueless wanna be punters.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, they do, and this is largely what ruined the scene...whores used to have to earn their money.

OH, yes you've summed it up rather nicely in one sentance. As you say once upon a time the tarts had to earn their money by providing a decent service. But an influx of idiots over recent years giving them money for nothing, silly amounts for very little and letting them get away with all sorts of nonsense has set things on a downward spiral. I think its called the "tail wagging the dog"?

Simie.

Well, years back, men used to me men, we were strong and we set the pace. We kept a strong hand. Now of course with political correctness and the feminization of men everywhere, we are supposed to be "sensitive to their needs." which basically means they no longer have to be sensitive to ours.

And never mind the "it's a two way street" some of the sissified guys here will come up with, it isn't never has been and women don't want it that way. They want to be able to be assertive bitches with the upper hand when it is convenient, and then able to cry victimization when that is convenient.

Remember, they want equality until the check comes, then it is all "tradition" and the man pays...god Women piss me off. If it weren't for pussy, we'd hunt them as rodents.

Even that useless bag Gloria Steinem said the women's movement went to far because it drove a wedge between men and women, and backed men into a corner. God don't get me started on this topic.

Women piss me off. If it weren't for pussy, we'd hunt them as rodents.

OH, I have the answer. Spent some time down on Soi 4 last night, treating a couple of my associates from Soi 22 to a glimpse of the 'other side', and we couldn't help noticing one particularly striking creature : over 6 feet tall in heels, every inch the woman of your dreams, and I'm fairly confident that you wont have to contend with anything as messy as a pussy ....

Dude, I can agree with a lot of what you say, but all that goes out the window when I see the right set of curves. If 2000 baht for longtime (Bangkok) is too much, then I am contributing to your pain : having had it cheaper from some of the Soi 4 brigade, I am prepared to pay the extra to have something a bit more memorable. YMMV.

Cheers,

Gobble

Yes' date=' they do, and this is largely what ruined the scene...whores used to have to earn their money.[/quote']

OH, yes you've summed it up rather nicely in one sentance. As you say once upon a time the tarts had to earn their money by providing a decent service. But an influx of idiots over recent years giving them money for nothing, silly amounts for very little and letting them get away with all sorts of nonsense has set things on a downward spiral. I think its called the "tail wagging the dog"?

Simie.

I agree as well. I've been coming to Thailand for 10 years and to be honest I wouldn't mind paying more now for the same service. Prices have risen for most things in 10 years and there's no reason prostitutes' rates shouldn't go up for same product. The problem now is that the product is not the same. Service has deteriorated, some girls are even rude and to me it is all not worth the price many of the girls are asking. There are exceptions of course. Still, a lot of the guys are letting the girls walk all over them and you can't blame the girls for taking what they can get.

I had a nice soapy at Nancy massage yesterday. Pretty (and polite!) girl, 1400 baht, two hours, two shots, huge clean room, drinks were 60 baht each and a small tip was greatly appreciated. I'd much rather go to places that cater to the locals. The Thai men may not be be the world's greatest humanitarians, but they're not the evil monster's the bargirls tell us they are either. To their credit, at least they're smart enough not to take any crap from hookers.

Oldtimer- cheers.

Old Hippie- your reply is the usual confusion, self-contradiction and mindlessness of the average repressed Westerner, bringing their warped view of the world with them wherever they go. Each of your statements are wrong. Look, England didn't work much for me, and maybe your place didn't for you. Why don't you give an Oriental country a chance, instead of all that hate and bile?

While I'm posting here, which I'm afraid won't be too long, you might as well have my notes from a few years back, supporting what I'm saying.

18 Days Bangkok & Pattaya etc, spring â??04

Day 1. I get the airport bus to Sukhumvit Road and check into Dynasty hotel, past Nana Entertainment Plaza on soi 4, B990/ night for a good room. Midday go for the first, and last, time to this Annies massage parlour across the street by Rajah hotel (never stay at this dive). Entirely disappointing, a run-down place with ten 6-7s mid-late 20s; I let them recommend a girl- who knew nothing whatsoever about what she was doing. One straight sex and was out in 45 minutes- basically a waste of B1500+200 tip. Have a beer and get a little sleep.

6pm go to Barons by soi 24, two skytrain stops down. Excellent selection, if hard not to feel a little awkward choosing your masseur talking to her directly- try be relaxed so the girls are also. B600 for oil massage, uncovered oral, massage and full sex; get on with her really well, B500 tip- value for money. Itâ??s 8pm, one stop back down skytrain to soi Cowboy, off soi 23 and try Midnight bar- naked dancers but poor selection, one interested in me, bought her a drink but no more. Also call at Dollhouse next door, having far more talent, though still not what Iâ??m looking for.

Back at NEP, Angelwitch on middle floor has a high proportion of katoeys and some obvious same-sex activity- not for me. Hollywood Two on top floor used to be one of the very best bars but a little mediocre by the time I get there. However thereâ??s an 8 that gets my attention- she finishes dancing and I pick up my drink and bill and go over to her: girls always like this, singling them out in front of all their friends- use what charming lines you can. It goes well and I barfine her- Iâ??ll call her G, and take her to the excellent but still competitive Nana hotel restaurant, then to the pool bar a block or two down Sukhumvit.

At Dynasty I tell her Iâ??m too tired for love, though still put incense on and open some wine; she falls asleep against me still dressed, watching TV. Takes shower in middle of the night and is quite affectionate, but straight sex only in the morning, when sheâ??s not much turned on- maybe a mistake there.

Day 2. I leave B2000 with her bag and we breakfast downstairs before walking with her to the skytrain; she wants to see me again but though I like her, sheâ??s a little too quiet and I make no promises. At 6pm go to Barons to see the same voluptuous girl again- calling out for her with all the others there really buzzes her up, and in the room just keeps laughing. Very enthusiastic and wants it; a session there really sorts you out.

I call in at Dollhouse again- a girl there had really caught my eye last night and she knew it. While watching her and stupidly wondering what to do, the track finishes and she comes over to me, never losing eye contact. Yâ??s even more gorgeous up close and we leave for food; some sex later but she canâ??t do long-time- a case of being reluctant to say this in the bar, even though sheâ??s very pleasant. I donâ??t mind- three girls in a day is enough and I find her B1500 before she goes.

Day 3. Before going out I ask the room maid for a new shower cap in its package, and she smiles knowingly- you donâ??t want to leave one out used by your last sweetheart. Tried Lisa traditional massage on soi 22: in most of these joints the masseurs havenâ??t had proper training, Thai massage need never hurt, and they seem to think you always want a hand job; still a few other guys there though. Okay, B400+500 hj; other staff may like to voyeur and constantly chatter happily in Thai- I get asked out by one.

These sorts of places are incomparable with the harder-to-find proper room and girl who can get really excited over touching you, ready to be well seduced at the end, real tension and buzz: there used to be a terrific place on Sukhumvit near the Hilton I think, but itâ??s gone now. A good Thai massage makes you feel refreshed for several days.

Go to buy Y at Dollhouse a drink or two and say goodbye as she still canâ??t do all night. At about 11pm I call in at Angels disco: nice dance routine with five girls but the place is way too respectable with just couples and a few single men- maybe gets more interesting later but Iâ??m not waiting any longer.

I go to Rainbow Two, far right hand corner of NEP ground floor. The place rocks. Only a few seats left, the stage full of 8s and 9s with a number of indescribably beautiful girls, the most finely crafted features and perfectly proportioned- some definite marriageable material here. One girl makes eye contact, even though sheâ??s on the far side, and I ask for her. M is another wonderful girl, really intelligent and speaks English well; later find out sheâ??s 23. A meal in Nana restaurant and she has such presence she asks me why Iâ??m shy; I tell her make love in the morning, but at the hotel she has other ideas. Despite a little diffidence it seems Iâ??ve turned her on well enough: by the time I give her oral sheâ??s really wet, but after a while she wants to get on top, and finishes herself off there. Really intimate and affecting girl, well worth B2000.

Day 4. In the day I find some traditional Thai dancing entertainment for M and me later, but it starts too early. I call at the bar at 7pm and they phone her for me, presently arriving looking beautiful- I pay her barfine then. Through a masterpiece of stupidity Iâ??ve already had a Singha beer, and have another here: consequently Iâ??m not quite up to it and at a popular restaurant corner of soi 5 I spill things and make so many little mistakes I feel like Woody Allen.

However, back in Rainbow M has a good time showing off having been barfined again; the more bored and serious I look in there the more girls seem to surround me. The place is seething and again full of Japanese; M says 60 girls or more per night get barfined here, if so thatâ??s B250 000 per week in barfines alone- no wonder this scene is a third of Thai GNP. Finally she suggests a drink in Voodoo bar upstairs- not many dancers but still a few ravishingly beautiful.

M knows Iâ??m going to Pattaya and asks to come. Okay, I weigh things up and pay her four daysâ?? barfine- the most important thing for me on this trip is to get to know a girl over a long period of time; will help her as usual with her own money. That night I donâ??t much need sex but lying and talking with her she gets round to saying sheâ??s horny, and of course from that point I have to take the lead and hold her still as I kiss her. Same stuff that she likes, especially mouth to breasts but also have her on all fours and sitting above for oral, before her finishing on top, and straight for me.

Day 5. M makes me wait while goes home to pack some stuff- later telling me she was testing me a bit to be sure Iâ??m serious about her. Bus it to Pattaya, under three hours, from Ekamai station on Sukhumvit and check in to Apex hotel on Second Road near soi 12, where Iâ??ve been before: big mistake not to see the room before as itâ??s not good enough and Iâ??m very annoyed they have nothing else- the place is showing its age. Go walking with M and check emails- her written English is also good.

She doesnâ??t want to see gogo bars, though does show some interest in the boy-bars street downtown. For two days most of the bars in town arenâ??t serving alcohol due to a government restriction relating to an election- actually seems very civilized to put a stop to that damn stuff for once. I have a set of ropes with me and ask her if I can tie her up- this is a great laugh for her, but although Iâ??ve got her thinking she says itâ??s scary and we just do it as usual; having her satisfied every night is sure good for the ego.

Day 6. Check out of Apex into Eastiny hotel on soi 8- B880 for great room, good pool and restaurant. Take M to beauty salon in one of the shopping malls for hair and nails stuff, a few clothes, bits of cosmetics and ice-cream shop; I only let her pay for small things. Need to be sharp and think ahead all the time. She also has an oil massage at the hotel, teasing me saying sheâ??ll have to take all her clothes off; but she always likes to know where I am and doesnâ??t let me out of sight for long. Spends time in the bathroom in evenings getting ready, emerging an absolute million dollars for taking out.

Day 7. Buy M some shoes; usual ice cream and ice-coffee stops- shopping bores me to death. At night M suggests we have a drink at a gogo bar and go to Supergirl off Walking St, though sheâ??s not really keen and we soon leave. Plenty of glamorous katoeys towards the end of Beech Rd, talking to farangs. The staff at Eastiny have great fun watching guests come in with their companions: little jokes like emphasizing â??Good night sirâ??.

Day 8. In the room she takes a call in English and goes to the balcony to answer it. Hopefully itâ??s another farang boyfriend- Iâ??d feel less bad when I know sheâ??s not the last girl I intend to spend a night with (I reason to myself that sheâ??d understand if she knew what rubbish the social scene is I have to face back in England). Thereâ??s also the fact that sheâ??s sleeping with me tonight, not him. Buy her a handbag and jeans; order food to the room and sex before go out this evening- both well satisfied. Last night she sensed I was finding it a bit boring and had me laughing all day.

Day 9. Wake up just before check out to return to Bangkok- the tripâ??s gone extremely well so far, as itâ??s always done, so Iâ??m going to Cambodia from there for a few days; I promise to see her again before I have to go home. M then says sheâ??d rather take a taxi alone than the bus: there are several reasons for this but I wonder if one is possibly to give me the chance to stay in town a little longer. Once sheâ??s gone I pause for thought and book into Sunshine hotel, next to Eastiny- B1030 and an excellent room- must recommend this place.

I try Sabai Rooms massage parlour on Second Road by Big C mall and soi 3. Very poor. Many plain girls and the place really run down; a standard soapy but one covered oral was enough. This was my second and last massage parlour on this trip- I really donâ??t think things are what they were a few years ago when more establishments ensured girls knew their skills well, hence also meaning they were more quietly confident and alluring. And for body to body, soap is a cheap alternative to oil, which can be an amazing turn-on.

On the night I first go to Living Dolls, Walking St- not so strong with a smallish stage but the best looking girl speaks to me. Happy a gogo nearby has some fine women but itâ??s Superbaby I head for next, opposite Supergirl: these two have the same management and layout and the slightly smaller Supergirl has been my favourite bar in the past. Be cool and much intrigue and chemistry may be found, and Iâ??ve had some absolutely unforgettable girls from here. These two bars are rightly regarded among the best in the country and buzz with some of the worldâ??s most beautiful women; certainly only those with high levels of physical appearance dance here.

I swap double glances with No.43 in her seat, one of the most drop-dead gorgeous girls, before she gets on the stage. She knows sheâ??s a 9++, but I can also tell sheâ??s looking for a guy who can see through her and give her and her life a good seeing to. She moves off the stage and I look for her to go over. I lose sight of her and eventually realize sheâ??s right behind me talking to some other guy who it seems has already asked for her, and presently barfines her. Iâ??m really wild about this. At least he seems reasonable. I join another exquisite girl but she turns out to be young and shy- it can be hard to tell ages with the lighting in bars. I quit, still fuming, and go to Supergirl.

One of the waitresses takes my eye, but after a while I find myself looking at a pretty dancer with shoulders to melt your cold heart. Lâ??s only been there a few months and doesnâ??t speak English well but slowly I coax her interest, get a waitress to translate that I donâ??t want to make love that night so that Iâ??m sure she understands, and ask her to the restaurant. We go to Sharkyâ??s just inside Walking St, before returning to Supergirl at Lâ??s suggestion, for sake of her standing of course. Later lying next to her she sure is some turn-on, a very sexy girl, but I only kiss her gently.

Day 10. I leave B2000 for L; after breakfast I get her a couple of tops and pair of shoes at Royal Garden mall. She offers to show me her room, we take a couple of motorbike taxis and Iâ??m as courteous as possible. Meet her in the bar at 9pm: after she changes we stay there a couple of hours for her to underline her second barfine, and I guess for me to buy some drinks there. Seduce her in the room, and what a kisser she is; wonâ??t quickly forget making love in the half-light to such a gorgeous piece of craftsmanship. However, though she really likes me and I do what I can, sheâ??s quite young and I donâ??t think she comes.

Day 11. More love in the morning; after breakfast and check out of Sunshine we take a walk round Big C mall, but canâ??t persuade her into anything more than ice-cream and having her hair dyed at a salon. Sheâ??s delighted with this, and Iâ??m forever contented- kisses me on the lips and I bike it to the bus station for Bangkok. Sheâ??s the sweetest girl and her subsequent emails are very touching indeed.

Day 12. I buy a Lonely Planet guide and rail ticket to the Thai boarder for early morning, stashing excess baggage in a Dynasty hotel deposit box. I avoid Rainbow Two, but get a drink in Rainbow One- good selection, and the small Red Lips on the opposite side- one or two infinitely beautiful girls, if a little young: both its walls are mirrored so the place looks larger. I go back to Hollywood Two to find G, whoâ??s very pleased to see me; after showing me off and drinking in the bar in a prominent position we eat and go to the room and talk, but nothing more. I offer her the room as I have to leave 5am, but though she wants to stay she canâ??t and I leave B1500 by her stuff; sheâ??s a wonderful, relaxed girl.

Days 13-16. Go to Cambodia for Siem Reap, Angkor and around Battambang. A great number of the tourists at Angkorâ??s mighty artistic achievements are just the most clueless idiots with no proper respect at all for this amazing place. This fabulously rich and ancient culture produced something that the West, with the pop culture it constantly pumps out like raw sewage, could never begin to match. Yet by a conservative official estimate, 40% of the population are in severe poverty: the worldâ??s an immoral mess, the distribution of wealth skewed way beyond any kind of justification. Plenty of stunning women with great personalities- different features to the Thais and darker skin.

Day 17. Iâ??ve emailed M to meet up and we go to a restaurant on soi 22 with her sister and a friend. Play pool at a beer bar where M tells me not to look at the girls when they call out to me; I show her some Cambodia photos but she still keeps asking what I did there and checking I slept alone. Usual sex at Dynasty.

Day 18. Another round again first thing, then get M some ear piercing. Before meeting in the evening near where she lives, I call at Hollywood Two as itâ??s opening and give B500 and a card to the staff to pass to G- I wonâ??t be able to see her again as Iâ??d hoped. Go with M to her room where she tries to get me to seduce her, lying abandoned on the bed; I kiss her, though her sister arrives before I can get her undressed. She has several large posters up of couples in romantic embrace: again, this culture unflinching recognizes the centrality of emotional life. We swap photos, and she asks me anxiously what I did that afternoon (not much). On the night her friends join us at another inexpensive but quality restaurant M knows, but they understand that one night of their expenses is enough for me, and soon leave us to it.

We go to the pleasant little bar opposite Rajah hotel entrance and then to the room for a final time, something I know sheâ??s been planning since I told her thisâ??d be my last evening- she wants one last sex session. I quiz her why sheâ??s asked me about paying a barfine when she appears to have the day off, my steely tones only appearing to turn her on all the more. We talk and I say enough, but she says sheâ??s already wet and is naked in moments. I remind her I still havenâ??t tied her up, but she does seem reticent; okay, Iâ??ve made her come every day and know Iâ??ve treated her well, and itâ??s still a real send-off: my flight is at 2-30am. I offer her both the room or to see her back home, but after checkout I just buy her some flowers before she gets a tuk-tuk and I taxi it to the airport, looking at her photo.

My chances of being in a position to meet anyone like these girls where Iâ??m from are remote in the extreme. Iâ??m through with my own background and conscious of the problematic character of Western societies generally; my next trip planned is a lengthy one to Africa.

Archived