Mortgages For Foreigners

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mate

You said farangs cant get mortgages.....

I did? When was that? :dunno::confused:

Im sorry you couldnt get a mortgage. Maybe you are a risk>? Who knows.

I didn't know I'd tried to get one!! :dunno::confused::crazy:

Are you talking to yourself here ace, me and fig were discussing - want aware you were in the convo :content: :content:

....Im not big upping myself' date=' Im just saying that rules are never really rules, they are guidlines and in thailand, thankfully, guidelines become more fluid....[/quote']

It's called bribery, isn't it?

In some cases, yes, I think so. IE oiling the wheels in the Thai immigration case. Regards the Thai bank and UK immigration, most definately not.

Living in Dubai, you'd have first hand experience, right. Dubai is where I do most of my business backhanders. The country is built on it

I'm a consultant, who has a major influence on the amount construction contracts are awarded for, who decides how much a contractor gets paid each month and who has a major involvement in how much the contractor finally gets paid at the end of the project.

That should therefore make me the target of bribery, but in 9 years in Dubai it never has.

I'm a consultant, who has a major influence on the amount construction contracts are awarded for, who decides how much a contractor gets paid each month and who has a major involvement in how much the contractor finally gets paid at the end of the project.

That should therefore make me the target of bribery, but in 9 years in Dubai it never has.

Then those above you are, cause you can bet your bottom baht that if they weren't, you wouldnt be working.

Look up the definition of Mortgage then.

[color:blue]A loan in which the borrower puts up the title to real estate as security (collateral) for a loan. If the borrower doesn't pay back the debt on time, the lender can foreclose on the real estate and have it sold to pay off the loan.[/color]

So I secured a loan based upon my YELLOW Tapien Baan and if I do not pay off the loan in time the Bank can foreclose and sell off my property in order to recoup their money. I don't know if you struggle to understand English but that is a perfect example of a mortgage.

Exctracting informations from you is worse than pulling teeth.

You wrote "having collateral in property valued at more than 3 times the amount the mortgage is for"

So IF the ONLY property you have put up as collateral (you have put up ONLY 1 property, correct??) is the condo you have purchased (the property you have put up as collateral is the same property you are buying, correct??) and its value is "over 3 times" the amount of the loan it means that you have got a mortgage for a mere 30% of the property you are buying!! Is all of this correct??

It never fails to amaze me how people nearly 9000 KM away think they know everything and those of us who actualy live here and working the system don't know what we are are about.

:rotfl:

This a message board where most of the posters are only occasional tourists, many just 1-2 times a year short-time tourists, are you saying that your opinion is AUTOMATICALLY and ONLY because of this fact of higher value and trueness than theirs? So what about someone who has been a resident for longer than you? Are you ready to admit his opinions are right and you're wrong just because he has resided in LOS longer than you?

And why is it only the time spent in country to count? What about Thai language proficiency?? I have known people residing in Thailand for over a decade who still couldn't speak a decent Thai and thus literally couldn't understand WTF was going on around them!

I have lived in SEA for almost 6 years and have actually spent over 4 of those years in Thailand so according to the "lenght of stay" criteria (LOL) you "know more than me" having spent in LOS over 17 years, right?

Well, what if we take a test in Thailand's 2 major languages (Central Thai and Isaan's main dialect) and I score higher than you (as I am extremely confident I would, BTW)? Would you be ready to accept my opinions as gospel?

Just having lived someplace longer than me means squat when you keep on showing how little you know and understand about the place and the people...

N.B. Just to be clear: yes I deem having actually lived somewhere for a significant length of time extremely important in order to be able to know and understand a society. Being able to understand the local language to a discreet level is another must.

Those are just prerequisites, to me. Opinions aren't valued according to the lenght of one's stay or the level of proficiency in the local language!

Archived