Mortgages For Foreigners

All the UAE mass media run stories about "corrupt employees taking advantage of their jobs to serve their personal purposes and amass illegal wealth".

The_Funkmaster: I rest my case.

Dubai's Crown Prince Sheikh Mohammad bin Rashid al-Maktoum: we need a culture change.

A special Anti-Corruption Commission has had to be set up following widespread high profile corruption scandals.

:rotfl::rotl:

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Where on earth is the EAU ? and what do the initials stand for :dunno:

Well we (you included) have been talking about Dubai and the United Arab Emirates and I had already used the correct acronym so it obviously was (also judging from all of your other posts) too huge a leap of logic for you to understand that by the EAU I was referring to the UAE :thumbup:

BTW, EAU stands for Emirati Arabi Uniti, I mistakenly used the Italian acronym and not the English one :)

Wow what a great insight you have about the situation there compared to expats living there.

I am impressed.

Maybe you could give us your thought about the political situation in Belgium and the current crisis in Spain?

What about the Tamagotchi crisis in Japan?

:banghead::banghead:

Oh by the way:

I can obtain my loan for a condo in Bangkok with BKK bank -> no collateral and the TAE is less than here in Spain...

And of course foreigners (I am not even working in Thailand at the moment) can not obtain loans.

All the UAE mass media run stories about "corrupt employees taking advantage of their jobs to serve their personal purposes and amass illegal wealth".

Dubai's Crown Prince Sheikh Mohammad bin Rashid al-Maktoum: we need a culture change.

A special Anti-Corruption Commission has had to be set up following widespread high profile corruption scandals.

:rotfl::rotl:

Your knowledge of the AUE is what you've read Figjam. Well done, anyone can do that. :applause:

BTW if you read my previous posts I have never said there is no corruption in the UAE, just not in my company, which is what my argument with Frede was all about.

Your knowledge of the AUE is what you've read Figjam. Well done, anyone can do that. :applause:

Yes but not anyone is doing that or anyone would know that Dubai's business environment IS corrupt...

That doesn't mean, of course, that everybody and every company is.

BTW if you read my previous posts I have never said there is no corruption in the UAE, just not in my company, which is what my argument with Frede was all about.

You have also never said that you know that Dubai has, generally speaking, a corrupt business environment where bribings take place...

By insisting on your personal example (and you have said you can't be 100% sure about the company you work for too) you do seem to want to give the impression that in Dubai there is no corruption and no bribing going on.

The fact that you are now half admitting that Dubai is, in fact, corrupt but that you have never had direct or indirect knowledge about it in all of your years there proves my point that you can't rely on just the numbers of years someone spent someplace to judge one's knowledge on a place...

Teddy you should maybe stop drinking now that you leave your "shitty place" for a more civilized country?

:neener:

Drogon, 8 days and 21 hours time I will be out of here. Just got my passport back with the visa cancelled, no turning back now.

:beer::beer::beer:

But I shit you not, earlier when I was looking at this thread there were passport sized photos of 4 cuties, one from Norway, one from Thailand etc, I think but I responded to Figleaf instead of clicking on the photos. I need my fecking head examined :(

Archived