Mortgages For Foreigners

My understanding of what is going on in the construction industry in Dubai (I was recently offered a position) is that there is a shortage of contractors which usually eliminates the need for bribes.

Issuance of construction licenses. Issuance of licensing from the notorious fire dept.

For sure' date=' that Welsh cunt made a fortune also.

Hell, its right down to the agents renting the places. Every cunt is at it and a firm cannot function unless it greass palms. Its the cost of doing business in Dubai and a fixed line item.

[/quote']

The amazing thing about corruption is dressed up the right way it just looks like business as usual.

Kind of reminds me of the construction boom here in the 80's

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My point is that people in your organisation are giving and taking bribes.

If everyone was whiter than white then your organisation would not be doing business in Dubai.

Are they fuck. You haven't a clue what your talking about. Maybe your seedy little deals are all based on bribes but please don't tar other people and companies' date=' who you know nothing about, with the same brush. :shakehead:wanker:

[/quote']

That's pretty abusive calling me a wanker, so......

Listen, you fat cunt. That's some assumption that I know nothing and its one hell of a naieve statement to say that the construction industry is Dubai isnt corrupt to the core. I can tell you, that it most certainly is and it runs , TOTALLY on corruption.

How do I know? Because I own more property there than you can shake a stick at, Ive added to my fortune over the last 5 years on it. I have 101 associates ranging from Lebs, locals, Americans, Indians etc all making their millions off it.

But, your a salary man and likely a bottom feeder if you are so dislocated from the business that you think its clean.

Anyways, why the fuck am I arguing with you? A guy that cant even get laid for 600+ days in Thailand? So it kinda tallies that you wouldnt be able to make any real money in Dubai also.

Ofcourse I could b wrong. You may just walk around with your eyes wide shut in Dubai and ignore it all and convince yourself it doesnt happen. Just as you walk around in Thailand for 600 + days with your eys firmly shutting out the poontang and men and trying to convince yourself that you aren't, in fact, a huge hill of flesh on the turn at middle age.

Right back at you :wanker:

I am a director of a very large company out here in Dubai and I am involved constantly in the biggest contracts that are let here, the very biggest. I am involved right through the tendering and negotiating process. I then prepare the contracts and even have to initial every page before they can be approved.

Munchie is right, your deals selling a few kilos of bananas down the souk with Ahmad may involve a sweetner or two but you obviously know fuck all about the real business, so don't pretend that you do.

Teddy, another assumption on your part.

So you prepare your own contracts and you are a 'Director', you say. We employ a contracts and tender manager for that.

And then you have to have them approved.

Sounds to me matey like you are a salary man also and the guys above you who approve your contracts are making all the moves.

Anyways, it isnt my business to convince you, I have made my money. Its just book keeping now.

My point is that people in your organisation are giving and taking bribes.

If everyone was whiter than white then your organisation would not be doing business in Dubai.

Are they fuck. You haven't a clue what your talking about. Maybe your seedy little deals are all based on bribes but please don't tar other people and companies' date=' who you know nothing about, with the same brush. :shakehead:wanker:

[/quote']

That's pretty abusive calling me a wanker, so......

Listen, you fat cunt. That's some assumption that I know nothing and its one hell of a naieve statement to say that the construction industry is Dubai isnt corrupt to the core. I can tell you, that it most certainly is and it runs , TOTALLY on corruption.

How do I know? Because I own more property there than you can shake a stick at, Ive added to my fortune over the last 5 years on it. I have 101 associates ranging from Lebs, locals, Americans, Indians etc all making their millions off it.

But, your a salary man and likely a bottom feeder if you are so dislocated from the business that you think its clean.

Anyways, why the fuck am I arguing with you? A guy that cant even get laid for 600+ days in Thailand? So it kinda tallies that you wouldnt be able to make any real money in Dubai also.

Ofcourse I could b wrong. You may just walk around with your eyes wide shut in Dubai and ignore it all and convince yourself it doesnt happen. Just as you walk around in Thailand for 600 + days with your eys firmly shutting out the poontang and men and trying to convince yourself that you aren't, in fact, a huge hill of flesh on the turn at middle age.

Right back at you :wanker:

Ace, when you've stopped bragging about how wealthy you are :rolleyes: let me remind you that I have never said that bribery and corruption doesn't exist in Dubai, just not in the company I work for. I cannot say for certain that no individual in my company has ever taken a bribe, however if they have that is for personal gain and would be very small scale, however it has nothing to do with the ability of my company to operate in Dubai. I can however say that the only person above me who has any influence on the deals I negotiate is the Client themselves, not anyone else in my company.

We are a consultant who are paid fees by a client to provide them with services, we are not traders or dealers or salesmen or contractors, there is a big difference.

I also have property in Dubai and didn't have to slip anyone a brown envelope to buy it.

Yes I am salaried and what I have I have earned honestly.

As for calling me a bottom feeder, isn't that a classic case of 'the pot calling the kettle black'?

Teddy, another assumption on your part.

So you prepare your own contracts and you are a 'Director', you say. We employ a contracts and tender manager for that.

And then you have to have them approved.

Sounds to me matey like you are a salary man also and the guys above you who approve your contracts are making all the moves.

Anyways, it isnt my business to convince you, I have made my money. Its just book keeping now.

Ha ha, well done Frede, you gave quiet a lot away there, I know exactly what end of the business you are in now. Lets just say we operate in different circles, but I understand at your end of the market there probably is a lot of corruption.

As for Tender Manager's and Contract's Manager's preparing contracts, that's a good one :rotl:

Ironic, isnt it.

You rent a villa at 120,000 Baht eqivalent P/M,(share with jinglies?) get offered jobs as Contracts Manager for 880,000 baht (smirk) and you've had to spend FOURTEEN years no less in the sand preparing contracts for your bosses to approve to make enough money so you get back to the UK.

Yes, we certainly operate at different levels, don't we.

Next thing you'll be saying you've had to work 20 years to get that Directors job where you actually get to initial a contract page so your Superiors can go and grease the wheels and ensure its closed.

Now, pass me that contract Bitch and I'll approve it for you.

You missed the boat.

FOURTEEN years????? Fuck me.........

I bet you and your soon-to-be faggot mate think that a night down at the York is living it up.

Anyways, this is turning into a slagging fest and is pretty pointless. Im happy for you that you can draw your salaries and still live a reasonably affluent life.

Feel free to take the last pop. Im done.

Back on topic if anyone is interested.

FOURTEEN years I'll do that to a chap, suddenly even wall to wall pussy isn't appealing.

hahahahahaha 14 years......... hahahahahaha

Anyways, back on topic. Fig I relied to you on a PM matey with all the details you'll need to get the mortgage without pulling strings. It is possible if you have collatoral.

That said, I could be totally wrong.

Cheers

Fred

Anyways, back on topic. Fig I relied to you on a PM matey with all the details you'll need to get the mortgage without pulling strings. It is possible if you have collatoral.

TNX! Now, if only were I looking for a mortgage... :)

Anyway, what about having your MP mate getting me PR? But quick, before the next coup! :)

As for Dubai, corruptions and these old hands... Isn't the UAE that nice little Gulf country which some years ago had to set up a special Anti-Corruption Commission following high profile corruption scandals ? Wasn't the very Dubai's Crown Prince Sheikh Mohammad bin Rashid al-Maktoum talking about a necessary "culture change" while all the major newspapers run stories about "corrupt employees taking advantage of their jobs to serve their personal purposes and amass illegal wealth"? :rotl:

Why doesn't surprise me that these 2 Dubai supposed "old hands" seem to have absolutely no clue about the country they have been working in for so long? Because it's just the same for many supposed "old hands" in Thailand! Just look at Mekong...

And how funny how they all seem to share the same general "apologetic" view... Life in Cloud Cuckoo Land must be grand, a pity I have a brain and can't enter it :)

Archived