Mortgages For Foreigners

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
....Why doesn't surprise me that these 2 Dubai supposed "old hands" seem to have absolutely no clue about the country they have been working in for so long? Because it's just the same for many supposed "old hands" in Thailand! Just look at Mekong....

Figleaf, how long have you worked in Dubai?

lol! I wished I was only taking care of book keeping... spent a busy week in HKG with biz way below expectations - but lifestyle nice as usual there- and decided to cancel the R'n'R night in Macau before heading back to LOS because gotta run after those bloody greenbacks... I seem to be quite a bit younger than both of you though.

Figleaf, how long have you worked in Dubai?

That's not the question you should be asking, the question is: how long has Dubai's Crown Prince? How long the members of the special Anti-Corruption Commission? How long those in the media making (for the first time in EAU's history) the public denouncement and the huge reporting about the employees' widespread corruption?

I bet it's for much longer than you... :rotfl:

Are you denying the FACTS I mentioned?

P.S. I have been in the EAU only because of connecting flights and I do not care one bit about Dubai or how is life there (which,to be clear, I do not know about). My whole point was that having lived/worked someplace isn't always a good indication of how well someone knows the place. Like the Thai apologist expats perfectly show...

BTW, Mekong has disappeared from the thread and has left us with those pending questions about his still mysterious "mortgage"... My hypothesis is that the property he has put as collateral is NOT THE ONE he is buying... In other words, he has got a personal loan and has had to guarantee for it by putting up as collateral a property worth over 3 times the amount of money borrowed...

Archived