Credit Card.. were hit...

vinod

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do not mind him Mekong he is just agressive -> he is another version of FIGJAM...

Thanks, I feel honoured by the comparison to Figjam, but I guess that is to much for you to comprehend. Quite amazing how you and your ilk are only capable of going after the messenger, not the message. Don't know why I even bother with you, but maybe I should be more understanding. 31 years old and never getting laid without paying must have had a bad effect on your brain.

Paillote

Have you ever had sympathy for anyone who has been scammed, beaten, had visum problems or ripped off in any way in Thailand? Every time you come across as a smart-ass who thinks every victim got what they deserved. Credit card frauds happens anywhere in Thailand and if you have ever used a credit card there (not excluding ATMs) you are just as careless as anyone else, just more lucky...

Paillote

As I said no Sympathy for someone who uses a CC in place like NEP and Cowboy just like I would never use one in red light districts in the west.

The wife and I use our credit cards most of the time, grocery shopping, filling up the cars with fuel, restaurant bills, hotels when away for the weekend etc etc, just like I would do if I was still in the west.

Based on your comments we, along with the majority of Thais I knowm, who use CC's are "Careless". You sure have a low opinion of Thailand don't you.

Have you ever had sympathy for anyone who has been scammed' date=' beaten, had visum problems or ripped off in any way in Thailand? Every time you come across as a smart-ass who thinks every victim got what they deserved. Credit card frauds happens anywhere in Thailand and if you have ever used a credit card there (not excluding ATMs) you are just as careless as anyone else, just more lucky...

Paillote[/quote']

As I said no Sympathy for someone who uses a CC in place like NEP and Cowboy just like I would never use one in red light districts in the west.

The wife and I use our credit cards most of the time, grocery shopping, filling up the cars with fuel, restaurant bills, hotels when away for the weekend etc etc, just like I would do if I was still in the west.

Based on your comments we, along with the majority of Thais I knowm, who use CC's are "Careless". You sure have a low opinion of Thailand don't you.

I've had my credit card cloned twice over the last three years. Both times it cropped up being used in a foreign country, the last time for a total of about 20,000 Euros quite obviously by a professional gang. The card is only used in Bangkok in the supermarket and the occasional book and shoe shop. All it takes is one dishonest shop assistant who knows who to sell the numbers too. Thankfully my foreign bank is good about reversals, although it still costs with courier charges and phone bills sorting it out.

Wow! Great advice! :applause:

It is so much safer to wonder around PP, Nana, SC and surrounding with 50K in your pockets. :dunno:

Kind wait your post I have been robbed of 50K while strolling around in Bangkok in the nighttime. Real smart-ass you are.

I am sure Mekong will be full of sympathy for you

Guest lazyphil

i draw cash from my main branch atm only and just pay cash for everything more or less. i had my debit card cloned and 500 quid nicked from my account in india!!!....i got it all back though. i trust nobody when using card transactions now :( ....btw i cut up my credit card years ago :)

No matter how careful you are, it is possible to get taken.

It is too easy to clone CC and the CC do not try very hard to stop the illegal action(s), from what I have seen and gone thru when my card was "cloned".

The CC companies have turned the fraud into a profit center. They force the merchant to eat the bad charge AND assess the merchant a bad transaction fee.

For me, never using the CC in a high risk area (SC, Nana, etc) but using it for online purchases, that is about as safe as I can make it for myself.

Presently I am protesting a charge made by some company in the USA that I have never heard of, never dealt with but they keep posting the charge to my account ($19.95) and I keep rejecting the charge.

I phoned the company, got a brain dead person on the phone that could /would not supply me with info, info like what is this charge for? They insisted that I supply them with additional personal info...yeah right, hold your farkin' breath!

They finally sent some paperwork to the CC company, which I have a copy but they have no mailing address on the paperwork??? I want to find out where they are located so I can file criminal charges with the district attorney where they are located, but no way to do so at this time!

They are somewhere in CT (Connecticut)...go figure :dunno:

Archived