Credit Card.. were hit...

vinod

Even supposedly legitimate business's can fool you; four years ago, I used my CC only once, at a travel agency in Pattaya. I returned to the US and four months later a car rental charge for $800 showed up on my statement.

I was more than happy to send copies of my passport's in and out stamps as they served as proof that I was in the USA at the time the charges were put through and it was removed from my account. Now I only use my CC for online airtickets.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Banker callled and informed today that around 95k was billed for purchases of electronic's and other stuff at one of the Tesco stores. Just sent the complete passport along with the statement with in & out imigration dates to show I am not in Thai. quite bit of pain.......and time taking.

cheers

Stolen CC info is bought/sold around the world at internet speed. A friend had his CC info "stolen" in Pattaya, but the bogus charges appeared in Japan!

There were 2 cases recenly in India in BPO's where the data of clients was sold / miss used.

cheers

The CC companies are making so much $$$ that they do not even follow up and try to catch the CC bandits...or so they told me :dunno:

You are right they must be making tons of money... in India the banks, charges interest on the outstanding where it works out 37 plus PA :(:(

Since it was easier than carrying around 40,000 baht I used my CC to pay for a golf club membership. I wound up with $1200 in odds and ends charged in Hong Kong. The only things that I normally use the card for are airline tickets. The CC was from my American bank account and I only had to make a notarized statement telling the bank what charges were phony.

I did, stupid things during my last visit in May'08 when I gave my card in Nana & CB

Sorry no sympathy at all, Its a well know fact that CC Fraud in Thailand is rife...

Have you ever had sympathy for anyone who has been scammed, beaten, had visum problems or ripped off in any way in Thailand? Every time you come across as a smart-ass who thinks every victim got what they deserved. Credit card frauds happens anywhere in Thailand and if you have ever used a credit card there (not excluding ATMs) you are just as careless as anyone else, just more lucky...

Paillote

Archived