Out comes the race card.

TheCorinthian

They'd need to have several years of serious debate plus at least a dozen conferences in expensive locations before coming up with something that ground breaking. :(

Well, the Demoncrats picked Denver as the city to host the Party convention next month. Denver isn't particularly expensive compared to some places. Guess what, they are having probs with the convention budget (surprise, surprise). The bill will hit $40 million as it stands; they're wanting to trim it to about $25-30 million. Now THAT is a surprise. Demoncrats cutting a budget! Of course, they can't get the taxpayers to fork over the bucks, so I guess they're in a bind.

HH

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Too be honest, the Dems are going to be attacking McCain over his age. Is "ageism" more acceptable than racism or sexism?

They're probably more concerned about the cure for old age that comes to us all.

There's no cure for being black or female. (Yes, I know about Michael Jackson)

Neither McCain age nor his flip flop results in change of poll figures for the past ten days or so that Obama figure has gone up by 5 points and McCain has dropped about 10 points making it a 15 point gap.

McCain suddenly projected an image that he is "resistant to change". Of course this sucks resulting in the drop of his rating.

Oh poor me. I'm black. Did he mention that he is also naieve' date=' inexperienced, a liberal, and exhibits poor judgement? Funny name? Yeah, unusual in the U.S. for sure. He's playing to those who suffer from "white guilt". If he's looking for McCain or his supporters to point out his race, he's got a long wait. He becomes more of a wanker every day.

HH

[/quote']

Young and in experienced is spun as "new, not part of the old machine, bringing new ideas..." Liberal is spun as "free thinking and NOT conservative..." naive is spun as "not bogged down in the old way of thinking, open to new ideas."

In short it is not going to matter to anyone who doesn't already care...I tend to think most people's minds are already made up...not at all based on the issues.

Oh poor me. I'm black. Did he mention that he is also naieve' date=' inexperienced, a liberal, and exhibits poor judgement? Funny name? Yeah, unusual in the U.S. for sure. He's playing to those who suffer from "white guilt". If he's looking for McCain or his supporters to point out his race, he's got a long wait. He becomes more of a wanker every day.

HH

[/quote']

The depth of your despair, evidenced in posts such as this, as you come to the slow realization that Obama is gonna whip McCain's ass, is probably the same sinking feelings that most thinking Americans had as they watched GWB shred whatever dignity and strength and respect that America had before his 8 disastrous years, that feeling of OMG, this can't be happening.

Feeling your pain, HH, feeling your pain.

While I dislike intensely BO's reneging on a signed pledge, his flip-flops are a drop in the bucket to Mc180's changes in heart.

Well, the Demoncrats picked Denver as the city to host the Party convention next month. Denver isn't particularly expensive compared to some places. Guess what, they are having probs with the convention budget (surprise, surprise). The bill will hit $40 million as it stands; they're wanting to trim it to about $25-30 million. Now THAT is a surprise. Demoncrats cutting a budget! Of course, they can't get the taxpayers to fork over the bucks, so I guess they're in a bind.

HH

It is funny to seen that some conservatives still believe the old Republ. slogans of lean governments, tax cuts, e.g. Under GWB the budget went out of control, the US ran into a recession, curroption _in_ the govermant is rampant, while big oil, Halliburton and co. got tremendously rich. Conservatives repeat endlessly that the Democrats have problems with money, albeit when Bill Clinton left the country and the governmant was in real good shape and afterwords the Bush government went on a spending spree like never before (and giving tax cuts to the rich).

By the way, HH I presume that you did not follow the last KBR corruption case (just one Billion USD unaccounted...). Usually this would have made the headlines for weeks, but under GWB one Billion USD wasted is nothing special. Except that all Americans will have to pay for it for the next one or two decase (you too HH, if you are living in the US :smirk: )

Anyone one who believes what is written that RAG The NY Times is a fool!!!!

There is so much untrue BS said about KBR that's not even close to fact it's not even funny.

But the arm-chair liberal "Hate Mongers" lap it up like warm milk.

Good little Sheep!!! Bah-Bah-Bah

:wanker::wanker::wanker:

Archived