Independence Day

rogueyam

yes and that. but lets address australia. when will you whiners go for independence and leave earls court!?!

Would have taken it at the last referendum (10 years ago??), but Howard hijacked the process so that the status quo was the more attractive option.

I lived in Earls Court for 3 months a couple of years ago.. Was possibly the only Australian there...

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"...Here's a reminder that freedom has never been free, and that it has always been bought with the only currency that really matters, the sweat, blood, and honor of free men..."

What would you know about this? especially since you never served in the military, and refuse to tell us why, or tell us why you won't go and enlist now to fight the wars you believe in so much. So typical of you fellow travelers to wrap your selves in the flag without ever actually standing up to defend it. You see kid,

"...for those who fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know..."

You hollow "patriots" make me sick.

Any reason why God has to bless America?

Lots of people say this and have said it and believed it long before Pres. Bush or Pres. Reagan. Nobody is ordering God to do anything. Those who believe in Him understand that He does not take orders. We ask Him to bless us, and we recognize that He has so far.

It's like Uncle Ray says in the video:

"He crowned thy good

(He told me He would)

He said in brotherhood

From sea to shining sea."

God said it.

Uncle Ray believes it.

That settles it.

If you check the vote for the referendum by electorate you will see that the republic was lost in the Labor Party heartlands.

No way did we want our taxes wasted on that bullshit.

Ultimately, it was lost (or rather didn't have a fair chance) because the republican model offered was the least acceptable to the electorate. Would have been much closer otherwise.

Personally, I'm happy enough with the status quo, at least while the queen is still going.

Archived