Independence Day

rogueyam

True... because the Government wanted total control of who got to be President, (a job for the boys) and the people of Australia wanted to choose for themselves.

Jimmy Barnes?

Barnsey or maybe Wayne Carey...

I don't think a govt appointed president would be a bad thing if he was ceremonial like the modern GG, but would have issues if he could send us to war or do a John Kerr..

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No way do we want another tier of Government.

Total figurehead and sobriety at public occasions a must.

I used to think judge Marcus Einfeldt would be the kind of man I'd vote for.. Whoever it is, they will always let us down..

The states all have their governors. Maybe there could be a system of promotion from that role.

In Berlin the new (huge) US embassy will be opened on July 4, in the absolute center of the city next to the 'Brandenburger Tor'.

The German major TV channel "ARD" made a small mistake when reporting about the upcoming opening.

:)

1215179511-spiegel-1.jpg

In Berlin the new (huge) US embassy will be opened on July 4, in the absolute center of the city next to the 'Brandenburger Tor'.

The German major TV channel "ARD" made a small mistake when reporting about the upcoming opening.

:)

1215179511-spiegel-1.jpg

Assuming that image was taken Thursday, I can't see anything wrong...

I noticed the old US embassy just around the corner from that one.. It's in the old East and the neighbouring buildings are still peppered with bullet holes.

Archived