Jesse Helms Dies

Steve

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tell me, of all days, why would he die on the Fourth of July?

Two founding fathers John Adams and Thomas Jefferson the 2nd and 3rd presidents of the United States died on the same day...July 4, 1826, the the 50th anniversary of the adoption of the Declaration of Independence.

No, I don't think the word "bigot" is justified either.

Here's what the leader of the free world said today about Senator Helms:

:barf:

He is not the leader of the free world, he barely was able to be the leader of the US.

As for Jesse, RIP, for hos politics; he was not one of the good guys.

If the president eulogizes fondly about a person that makes him a good guy? Especially a president from his own party? EVERYONE is eulogized fondly. Politicians that are hated are rememberd fondly as I said. Nixon's strengths are held up high and his faults as obvious as they were are footnotes.

Fact is Helms was a polarizing figure. The politicians that opposed the Civil Rights Act at the time changed their opinion of it afterwards. Some for political reasons, some because eventually they saw it as helping greatly to heal some old wounds. Helms, as far as I know, never lked the act and my link talks about his describing it as one of the worst legislations. Just about ever legislation has holes in it, even the ones we like. Legislations are an end producdt in compromise. So, there will always be aspects of it that won't be liked.

Part of the job in Congress is to compromise. There are certain rocks of a politicians ideology that he won't waver on. Most have those and respected for it. There are a lot issues one leaves for negotiation because you can't run a legislative body so diverse of opinions and ideas if everyone held steadfast to their opinions on all issues. Nothing would get done. In Helms world it would dictatorial. Either his way or the highway. That's how he ran his committee and his political career.

I have no joy in his death now. Yesterday he was just another crazy old racist, but harmless.

When he should have died is when he was in the government, actively attempting to deny peoples rights and freedoms and causing great harm to the people and to the country I love. That's when he should have died.

Fact is Helms was a polarizing figure.

As usual you have posted dishonest nonsense. "Polarizing" is simply not a matter of fact. Only leftists accuse others of being "polarizing" because it is always a bullshit obversation.

Conservatives like Jesse Helms believe what they believe and argue for it in a straightforward, factual manner. Leftists such as yourself are ignorant and irrational and filled with hatred so you all scream hysterically at conservatives. Then you leftists hear the echoes of your own demented cries and say "Look! The conservative is 'polarizing'!"

You hate Senator Helms because he is a white Christian capitalist who loves freedom and believes in America. You attempt to vandalize America and then blame your treason on those who love her.

I have no joy in his death now. Yesterday he was just another crazy old racist, but harmless.

When he should have died is when he was in the government, actively attempting to deny peoples rights and freedoms and causing great harm to the people and to the country I love. That's when he should have died.

Senator Helms was no racist and did none of what you charge. You will never even attempt to substantiate any of this garbage.

Fact is Helms was a polarizing figure.

As usual you have posted dishonest nonsense. "Polarizing" is simply not a matter of fact. Only leftists accuse others of being "polarizing" because it is always a bullshit obversation.

Conservatives like Jesse Helms believe what they believe and argue for it in a straightforward' date=' factual manner. Leftists such as yourself are ignorant and irrational and filled with hatred so you all scream hysterically at conservatives. Then you leftists hear the echoes of your own demented cries and say "Look! The conservative is 'polarizing'!"

You hate Senator Helms because he is a white Christian capitalist who loves freedom and believes in America. You attempt to vandalize America and then blame your treason on those who love her.[/quote']

So, because I called him polarizing I'm a leftist? lol...laughable. You obviously only read the parts of my posts that you wish. I also said he and Ted Kennedy were extremists as well AND that the congress NEEDS both types once in a while.

Your attempts to paint me as some anti white christian demagogue is..well...this post really addresses those who may be swayed by your topic.

Let me ask you this. I said I voted for Bush in '00. Is it because I'm black that nullifies that fact which defies your assertion in the quote above that I hate white christians and I'm leftist?

Ahhh....true colors RY. We've all been waiting for that part of you to come out. I gave you (as I do anyone) the benefit of the doubt and just thought you simply held far right conservative viewpoints. But it masks a deeper rooted aspect of your nature.

Your post has to be a joke. It does. I'm chuckling as I write this because I'm expecting a 'Gotcha' at any moment or a 'You got punked' link.

You are partially correct though. I hate white christian capitalist RACISTS. As I do black, democratic RACISTS like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton.

Archived