Jesse Helms Dies

Steve

rogueyam said to Chocolate Steve [color:red]"You hate Senator Helms because he is a white Christian capitalist who loves freedom and believes in America. You attempt to vandalize America and then blame your treason on those who love her."[/color]

Rogueyam, as a chicken hawk, you talk a good talk but there are some irregularities in what you say.

1. CT has said many times he voted for GWB in his first round as President so there really is no need to dribble about CT [color:red]"vandalizing] America and then blam[ing] [his] treason on those who love her."[/color]

2. You mention Senator Helms as being a white, Christian Capitalist. There was no reason to bring in the race card. CT is black. As for me, I could care less what 'color' Senator Helms was. Rogueyam, you come across as a person who believes that the [color:red]'only good people in 'America' are white, Christian Capitalist'[/color], and that is not true. As for Senator Helms being a Christian Capitalist; I suggest you go re-read your Bible. You may be surprised to find out that Jesus was not white, was not a Christian, and was against Capitalism.

3. You accuse CT of treason; I would love to know what profound grounds you would use to charge CT of treason? I hope the grounds are not a result of not agreeing with everything you say!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have no joy in his death now. Yesterday he was just another crazy old racist' date=' but harmless.

When he should have died is when he was in the government, [b']actively attempting to deny peoples rights and freedoms and causing great harm to the people and to the country I love[/b]. That's when he should have died.

Senator Helms was no racist and did none of what you charge. You will never even attempt to substantiate any of this garbage.

I can't even begin to think of anything nice to say about this guy -- but a lot of other people will start praising Helms as if none of the hateful stuff matters. The hateful stuff matters. Let's reminisce on the life of one of America's biggest bigots who ruined the lives of so many.

Jesse Helms on "negroes":

[color:purple]As an aide to the 1950 Senate campaign of North Carolina Republican candidate Willis Smith, Helms reportedly helped create attack ads against Smith's opponent, including one which read: "White people, wake up before it is too late. Do you want Negroes working beside you, your wife and your daughters, in your mills and factories? Frank Graham favors mingling of the races." Another ad featured photographs Helms himself had doctored to illustrate the allegation that Graham's wife had danced with a black man. (The News and Observer, 8/26/01; The New Republic, 6/19/95; The Observer, 5/5/96; Hard Right: The Rise of Jesse Helms, by Ernest B. Furgurson, Norton, 1986)[/color]

The University of North Carolina was [color:purple]"the University of Negroes and Communists." (Capital Times, 11/22/94)[/color] [color:purple]Black civil rights activists were "Communists and sex perverts." (Copley News Service, 8/23/01)[/color]

Of civil rights protests Helms wrote, [color:purple]"The Negro cannot count forever on the kind of restraint that's thus far left him free to clog the streets, disrupt traffic, and interfere with other men's rights." (WRAL-TV commentary, 1963)[/color] [color:purple]He also wrote, "Crime rates and irresponsibility among Negroes are a fact of life which must be faced." (New York Times, 2/8/81)[/color]

Helms on "degenerate, weak, sick homosexuals":

[color:purple]Over the years Helms has declared homosexuality [/color]"degenerate," and homosexuals "weak, morally sick wretches." (Newsweek, 12/5/94) In a tirade highlighting his routine opposition to AIDS research funding, Helms lashed out at the Kennedy-Hatch AIDS bill in 1988: [color:purple]"There is not one single case of AIDS in this country that cannot be traced in origin to sodomy." (States News Service, 5/17/88)[/color]

Helms being a racist:

[color:purple]And the man ABC News now describes as a "conservative icon" (8/22/01) in 1993 sang "Dixie" in an elevator to Carol Moseley-Braun, the first African-American woman elected to the Senate, bragging, "I'm going to make her cry. I'm going to sing Dixie until she cries." (Chicago Sun-Times, 8/5/93)

[/color]

Helms filibusters making Martin Luther King day a national holiday:

[color:purple]A year before the election, when public polls showed Helms trailing by 20 points, he launched a Senate filibuster against the bill making the birthday of Martin Luther King Jr. a national holiday. (David Broder, Washington Post, Aug, 29, 2001)[/color]

On cutting AIDS funding:

[color:purple]Sen. Jesse Helms says the government should spend less money on people with AIDS because they got sick as a result of "deliberate, disgusting, revolting conduct," The New York Times reported Wednesday....

"We've got to have some common sense about a disease transmitted by people deliberately engaging in unnatural acts," Helms told the Times.[/color]

And before RogueHam says that Helms came around on AIDS in his later years. No he didn't. He came around on AIDS in Africa. Still didn't want to help Americans with AIDS because, you know, they were homersexuals.

Cheers,

SD

Jews aren't white?

:hmmm:

The Lemba

The Lemba are a group of people in southern Africa. Although they speak Bantu languages similar to their neighbours, they have specific religious practices similar to those in Judaism and other Semitic traditions. They also have a tradition of being a migrant people, with clues pointing to an origin from Yemeni Jews.

They have restrictions on intermarriage with non-Lemba. It is difficult for male non-Lemba to become part of the community. A significant number of individuals carry a genetic signature on the Y chromosome known as the Cohen modal haplotype, indicative of a Semitic patrilineal ancestry. Amongst Jews, this Y chromosome trait is particularly associated with the Kohanim or priests, a distinct subgroup of Israelites. It can also be found in other non-Jewish Y-DNA Haplogroup J populations across the Middle East and beyond.

Whether or not the Lemba are descended from Jewish ancestors, they have not practised Judaism for many centuries. Although the vast majority of Lemba do not see a contradiction in proclaiming their Hebrew heritage while practising Christianity or Islam, lately some have wanted to shift towards mainstream Judaism. Outside sources have been aiding in their desire to become full members of the world-wide Jewish community.

The Ethiopian Jews turned out not to have the West Semitic DNA halotype found in Jews, Lebanese, Palestinians and Syrians. However, a black Jewish group in Madascar did turn out to have it. The presumption is they are descended from Hebrew men who married local women, the same as are the Indian Jews (and probably most European Jews). The Ethiopians must have been converted several thousand years ago, since they knew nothing of the Diaspora and when discovered thought they were the only Jews left on earth.

Sort of like Arabs and Iranians ...

My mother's first cousin was often mistaken for Jewish because of his dark complexion and black hair. When young he looked a lot like Tony Curtis (Bernie Schwartz). But cuz had no Jewish ancestry. He was 3/4th German and 1/4th English. The dark features came from his Austrian grandfather, who had the old features still found in the Alps - not the blue eyed blond Aryan type.

Hard not to, innit?

And I gotta pass along the quote of the day, from George Bush, on the passing of Jesse Helms:

[color:purple]Jesse Helms was a kind, decent, and humble man and a passionate defender of what he called "the Miracle of America." So it is fitting that this great patriot left us on the Fourth of July.[/color]

Uh huh. I guess Bush must figure that even 10% of the black vote is 10% more than the GOP needs. This should just about do the trick of getting it down to zero.

Cheers,

SD

Tell me, rogueyam is a fellow traveler and whore monger but for some reason, spends his time calling me a leftist and telling me he is a white, Christian Capitalist. Is there something we can do to let him know we are not all his enemies? Shit, there are times he makes a post that sounds really good then he turns around and post some more of his shit such as calling me or somebody else a no-good leftist, commie or whatever. I can't figure it out. Can you help me?

Archived