Olympic Games 2008

Mentors

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Phil,

Have you noticed how majority of Golds are in Rowing, Sailing, Cycling and Swimming?

The nation is in training to emigrate from all the immigrants but can't afford the fuel costs to use conventional means. No Boxing Golds so no one is prepared to stay and fight :neener:

Guest lazyphil

i run to train to leg it from gun totting hoodies!!.....whos the boxer?, saunders i think?, who was happy he got put out of the heats because he missed his family...got me all misty eyed. real eye of the tiger stuff!

Emma Snowsill of Australia won gold medal in Women's Triathlon with a time of one hour, 58 minutes and 27.66 seconds. The silver medal went to Portugal's Vanessa Fernandes and another Australian, Emma Moffatt, won the bronze medal.

Swiss on 5th and 6th place.

:applause:

A Medal or Diploma in a Triathlon should count twice. Triathlon is much more heavier than most disciplines.

MEDAL STANDING Update

Gold,Silver,Bronze

01 CHN - China 35 13 13

02 USA - United States 19 21 25

03 GBR - Great Britain 11 6 8

04 AUS - Australia 9 10 12

05 GER - Germany 9 6 7

06 KOR - Korea 8 9 5

07 JPN - Japan 8 5 7

08 RUS - Russian Fed. 7 12 12

09 ITA - Italy 6 6 6

10 UKR - Ukraine 5 3 6

11 FRA - France 4 9 12

12 ROU - Romania 4 1 3

13 ESP - Spain 3 3 1

14 SVK - Slovakia 3 1 0

15 NED - Netherlands 2 4 4

23 Switzerland 2 0 3

31 Indonesia 1 1 3

33 Finland 1 1 1

37 Thailand 1 0 0

43 Sweden 0 3 0

54 Malaysia 0 1 0 :)

54 Singapore 0 1 0 :)

54 Vietnam 0 1 0

54 Portugal 0 1 0

67 Nations so far can be proud of Medal Winners :deal:

BEIJING (Reuters) - Jamaica's Usain Bolt won 100 meters gold at the Beijing Olympics in a world record time on Saturday, running 9.69 seconds to claim victory in an exhilarating showdown with his compatriot Asafa Powell.

The 21-year-old won his country's first Olympic title in the blue ribbon event and capped an astonishing rise to the top of his sport. His former world record was 9.72 seconds.

Richard Thompson of Trinidad and Tobago won the silver and American Walter Dix the bronze.

...and the Jamaican girls swept the 100 m race. The winner is a cutie 21 y.o. Is it all that jerk chicken down there that they are feeding on? (I love the stuff by the way).

Bolt will run a 9.59 or better soon enough. One of those one off european races where you don't have heats and finals. Fresh legs and all that. My God the guy is fast. I'm anxiously awaiting seeing him in the 200, his best race! Forget worlds fastest human. Worlds fastest mammal!

Archived