did anybody get it more right?

Al

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't forget that Clinton left Americans so divided that Al Gore lost what should have been an easy win. Gore is reportedly still angry about the Clintons for that. Florida shouldn't even have mattered.

On the other hand, GWB has made it extremely difficult for any Republican to win this election.

There is little doubt in my mind, that McCain is going to pull this off...like it or not.

Yes, I do. Look, GWB was "elected" 2 times (I say other wise) and no one ever raised an eyebrow about any of the allegations of fraud etc...fact is, Obama is black, has an "unusual sounding/ethnic" name, is perceived as a Muslim, whether he is or is not, and frankly, I think we are just to racist to get over that. Issues will take a back seat to the facts I just mentioned.

Again, the ONLY thing that will save him in Minority voters, and the youth vote...assuming they come out and vote at all.

Yes, I do. Look, GWB was "elected" 2 times (I say other wise) and no one ever raised an eyebrow about any of the allegations of fraud etc...fact is, Obama is black, has an "unusual sounding/ethnic" name, is perceived as a Muslim, whether he is or is not, and frankly, I think we are just to racist to get over that. Issues will take a back seat to the facts I just mentioned.

Again, the ONLY thing that will save him in Minority voters, and the youth vote...assuming they come out and vote at all.

Agreed, you have summarised my fears succinctly. I hope that you (and I) are wrong. McCain and the GOP machine would be a disaster for America. Just look at the hideous, obscene mess now....so fingers firmly crossed.

Archived