Justice is served for US deserters.......courtesy of Canada.....!!!

TheCorinthian

http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2008/07/iraq-war-deserters-deported-from-canada.html

Deserter Robin Long said he had been trying to gain refugee status in Canada because he believed he would suffer harm if he were to be sent back to the U.S.

Canada disagreed and deported him this week. Robin was welcomed to his new home in a Washington jail this week

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't say I have any sympathy for the guy. He enlisted, then slowly it dawned on him that he might have to go to war someday. He hadn't received any orders to go to Iraq of Afganistan. Simply the idea that he might was enough to send him running to Canada.

I could understand a guy getting p*ssed off after seving serveral tours in the sand box and then being ordered back for more. But this guy ... uh-uh.

p.s. If Canada had accepted him, fine. But he stays there permanently. Jimmy Carter made a mockery of those who served by allowing the deserters and draft dodgers to come back with no penalty whatsoever. Set a great precedent. :p

Jimmy Carter made a mockery of those who served by allowing the deserters and draft dodgers to come back with no penalty whatsoever. Set a great precedent. :p

Ya, exactly like Ronnie Ray-gun and his illegal immigrant amnesty. :banghead: :onfire:

But I agree with you on this guy.

Cheers,

SD

No conscription nowadays. During the VN War, a sizeable percent of the men serving were conscripts. Even the Navy and Marines took some draftees. They just pulled you out of the line at the induction center and said "Follow me".

I remember sitting on the shuttle bus at LA International while on Christmas leave in 1968 with only one other person aboard. He was a Marine PFC. I was an Army PVT-2 (same pay grade). Turned out we both had orders for RVN. As we talked about RVN, I made a comment about him having volunteered for it. (I did volunteer for RVN, but not for the Army!) He replied that he was a draftee the same as I was. At the induction center, a Marine drill sergeant had pulled the first 20 guys out the line and informed them they were going to be Marines.

Nowadays, everyone is a volunteer. If they don't like it, they've got no one to blame but themselves.

On one hand, I can say at least he served, which is more than the chicken hawks who will condemn him did. On the other hand, he did enlist, most likely for some gain he other wise had no way of obtaining. When it was time to anti up, and pay back, he ran like a little bitch.

So I say fuck him.

Strangely enough Australian servicemen were given the chance to opt out of combat duty.

My mate's lad is a Flight Sergeant (ground crew) in the RAAF and did several lucrative tours of "Iraq" which consisted of servicing Hercules aircraft at a comfortable base in Saudi Arabia.

He said that quite a few in his unit still took the option of staying in Australia. :crazy:

Archived